“Rude owners!!!!”

Rodeway Inn Jasper
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
“Rude owners!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

When our reservation was made it was a must that we have a fridge and microwave in all10 rooms our softball team was going to stay in for the next 4 days. Only one room had a fridge and microwave so we requested again only to be told that they didn't have any more available because they were only for the rms downstairs. After about 1hr they started bringing them upstairs to our rooms. If it was just left at that it would have been ok but the owner had a bad attitude about it and made comments to me that we should have let them know when the reservation was made (we did!). Then today while the kids were in the pool the owner came out yelling at them not to b diving or running. No one was diving or running? Idk what his problem is but this man obviously dosent have any people skills. WHY WOULD RAMADA PUT THIS MAN BEHIND THEIR NAME? P.s. everyone else was polite. Pray for us because we have a few more nites here

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank slsanders

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kinston, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

I have been staying at this hotel for years. Six years ago new owners took over and it is really a nice place. Comfortable beds, most awesome pillows (I bought 4) clean room and great service. Traveling back and forth from North Carolina to Texas pretty often these days (checking on my parents) we always stay there. I have read reviews on lots of hotels and I find that more often than not reviews are mostly written by people that you can't please anyway. This is not a 5 star hotel but with such reasonable rates you really can't expect 5 star. To me the service is 5 star and the rooms are clean and nice.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SusieQX2
Rowlett
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2009

Great suite. Requested a roll-away bed so there was plenty of beds. Great place to stay right off Highway 96.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

Supposedly this place was recently renovated. If that's true, then I'm a monkey's uncle. Wear socks if you walk around. Your socks will turn black, but better than getting that on your feet.

Not all rooms have fridge/microwave; had to request it, and they just dumped it in my room. I had to move it into a place a plug it in.

The pool has clumps of hair of unknown origin, leaves, and dead bugs. Many of the other guests looked like gang-bangers, or alumni from the Jerry Springer Show.

The restaurant is overprice, food only average, and the place smells of smoke.

Beds are hard.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
10 Thank Gideon_Krasmanic

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2008

The hotel has been recently remodeled and has new mattresses and is fresh and clean. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel and serves excellent breakfasts. That is the only meal that we ate there. It is located at the intersection of Highway 190 and 96. The staff was helpful and provided us extra pillows when requested. The towels and linens were of very qood quality and everything was very clean. There were no odors of any kind in the room. I hope you enjoy your stay as well as we did.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank DeanDon
Denver, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2005

I wanted to write this review to warn anyone wanting to stay at the Ramada Inn of Jasper to stay somewhere else.

I don't think I have felt this strongly before about letting others know how terrible this hotel is. My husband and I actually were there for about 10 minutes before we canceled our room and thankfully found another place to stay (Best Western, 2 blocks down...still crowded with hurricane evacuees - best to call hotel for vacant rooms as their website continually shows "no vacancy").

Those 10 minutes felt like an eternity when we viewed the room and equally disgusting bathroom. The bright green carpet had numerous stains that extended to the walls and ceiling.

The bathroom was hideous with the shower head stained brown and the shower tile cracked. The grout for the tile and the bathtub itself looked as if they hadn't been cleaned in years (I wish we had the guts to stay longer and take pictures).

A lot of weird men were hanging out in the parking lot and seemed to fit into the overall image the hotel was obviously conveying to us...dark, dingy, moldy and better left to be next year's Halloween house of horrors.

I do know that a lot of people take their boats out and go fishing in the area. I think perhaps that the hotel rooms were used for all things grimy including what these people may have "caught" out on the lake.

Of course this is only our experience at the hotel, so stay at your own risk. But for those of us that travel more than 100 days out of the year and are looking for a decent place to stay, a nice, comforting hotel this Ramada Inn is NOT!

I do hope that the powers-that-be at Ramada Inc. take action and do a thorough evaluation before they allow this property to continue to be a Ramada Inn...if they would like travelers like myself as their guests, I would hope that they would address this dire situation ASAP.

• Stayed December 2005, travelled on business
6 Thank kuriko
travelerusa07, Manager at Rodeway Inn Jasper, responded to this review, 8 September 2007
This hotel was remodeled after the hurricane.
We have nice, clean rooms and an excellent staff.
The hotel --as well as the rest of the city WAS
water damaged and in dire need of repair.
We have restored the property to it's original beauty and invite you to join us again.
The hurricane of '05 was a tragic time and we took in alot of refugees from the surrounding areas.
I apologize for your experience and hope to see you in the future.