“The room and the room charge was great!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rodeway Inn Jasper
Rodeway Inn Jasper
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Fort Worth, Texas
“The room and the room charge was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My sister and I arrived in Jasper around 11:30 pm and did not want to wake our Mother that late. So, we went from hotel to hotel to find one that would not break us. They were all over $100.00 per night. Next we can to Jasper Inn & Suites. And yes, the lady (OWNER) was asleep on a couch in the lobby. There was nothing going on...I did not see a problem with it (a previous reviewer did). Anyway, the lady said $55.00 per night. There were too many hotels! It was clean and the room was comfortable. Which is all we needed! I am calling to reserve rooms for October. Our Mother's 80th birthday!!

Room Tip: This is not a resort! It is a clean place to spend a couple of nights and it is affordable. If you...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Booked room while in Jasper for the Multicultural Rodeo on June 28th, 2014. Drove all the way from Atlanta, GA. We were allowed to check in early which was the only good thing about this place. There were 4 people in my room and we only had enough towels for 3. The air took for ever to cool the room and the room was musty. There was only one drinking glass in the room and it was VERY dirty. The phone didn't work in the room and we only had a half of a roll of tissue. I went to the front desk and I was told that because I was allowed to check in early that was to be expected and that I could not have any extra or clean towels. I had to put up an arguement just to get a roll of tissue. They said that the were not the hotel down the street that charged high prices so I paid for what I got. So basically, that was crap!!!!!! The bed was also hard....back still hurting from sleeping in it only one night!!!!

Room Tip: Just don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Monique L

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We rented 5 rooms here for the night of April 25, 2014. Because of a fishing tournament in town, rooms were very hard to find and this was the only hotel that could accomadate us. First we were charged $75 plus tax for a $49 room and were told "all of the hotels raised their rates because they could for the fishing tournament". We only needed the room for one night. When we were parking our vehicles in the closest open parking spots close to our rooms, a hotel employee came out and told one of our group we had to park at the front of the hotel and walk to the back, so all the boaters could park in those spots. He argued with her stating we paid the same price as the boaters, therefore we paid for any open parking spot....she did relent, but made 2 trucks move to the front of the motel and walk to their room.

I moved my stuff into room 113, and laid down on the bed and within 30 minutes I felt something on my arm...I was shocked to find a roach crawling on my arm. I immediately tried to kill it...it got away and crawled between the wall and bed. I called the front desk and told her I would not stay there if roaches were crawling on me at 4 pm in the afternoon, they would only get worse in the middle of night. She apologized and I told her I wanted a refund and she offered to call the manager for approval. I was fortunately able to secure a room at the Best western a block away and they did not jack their prices for the fishing tournament. The desk clerk called me back and confirmed the credit card transaction would be voided and the bed removed and the room exterminated. I requested something stating my money would be refunded and she stated she would email me a receipt since I was leaving town at 6 am the next morning. I moved on to the Best Western, had a great stay in a comfortable $94 plus tax room that was worth every penny. My co-worker informed me the next day that a housekeeper changed the sheets in Room 113 and they rented it to someone else without exterminating the room.

Flash forward 5 days and 3 phone calls later...no email from the desk clerk, no money refunded to my card and 1 argument with a different desk clerk here...I will never recommend this hotel to ANYONE. The desk clerk I spoke with today...informed me she has never had roaches in HER hotel, and that I had stayed in room 111 a month ago (I have NEVER stayed in this hotel or city...ever) and didn't pay for my room and therefore I was only trying to get room 113 for free! she refused to give me the name of the manager, wouldn't let me the speak to the other desk clerk and stated SHE was the one that checked us in. I know this isn't true, since clearly she is Middle Eastern with a very distinctive Middle Eastern accent, and the desk clerk that checked is in was clearly very American with a very distinctive Texan accent. And obviously I wasn't trying to get Room 113 for free since I LEFT AND MOVED TO THE BEST WESTERN!

My best advise...stay away whether you pay $49 or $75...room 113 has roaches and very bad management!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

If the ither rooms in jasoer wasn't booked i would have never stayed here the people in the front are rude, the tvs are old and the whole place need to be re done it didn't have enough lighting around the hotel i felt unsafe when i arrived their who ever is writing these reveiws are wrong about the whole thing this is the only reason i chose to stay because of the great reveiws but now that i have been here its horrible!!!!
I will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was a very good stay. Pet friendly but had to pay $25 you don't get back. Room was very good neat and clean. Had a small fridge, micro in room. We had a room in the front and it was quiet. They have smoking rooms .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
GLADEWATER
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

Had a great time at the Lake Area Crusers Car Show, Inn accomadations were great worked me in for a room. The room was clean, beding was clean, bath/rest room was clean. Great access to restraunts. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada