“What a great place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
La Paz Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Jasper B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“What a great place!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This may be the best kept "secret" in Texas. The people who own La Paz really know how to be innkeepers.
I can't say enough nice things about this place or the people who run it. Quaint, quiet, lovely and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank WJM627

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Beaumont, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This place is fantastic. It hits all the senses! Beautiful views. Fresh air. Comfortable living. Relaxing. My husband and I stayed in the Little White House for our baby-moon. We cozied up to a fire each night. Cooked steaks on the grill. Watched movies in bed. Explored the acreage. Sat on the river front deck, wrapped in blankets, listening to nature and enjoying the stars. It was incredibly romantic. The breakfasts were delicious! With a new baby (and two older kiddos), we have already booked a more family style getaway this December in the Cabin. We can't wait to sit around the fire pit. Turn off all of the electronics. And just be a family...away from all the noise! I definitely recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: If you're with your significant other, I'd recommend the Little White House. It has it'...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nicole A
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I'm not sure I can add much to the other two reviews. This B&B was just wonderful. The setting is beautiful, the food mouth-watering, the hospitality more than welcoming. I stayed two nights and would happily have stayed a whole week. One of the high points of my trip. If you ever get the chance, don't hesitate. Go!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Nick G
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I honestly believe this is quite possibly the nicest B&B I've stayed in. The house (& guesthouse), both inside and out, were amazing. The proprietor told us that the main house was his wife's dream, and it is seemingly built perfectly for its function. We had arranged to arrive very late, and when we arrived, we were greeted and given the grand tour of their beautiful house with musical instruments and interesting art, old toys and old fashion photography equipment. The rooms were all unique and interesting. The deck out to the river was a fun walk and a nice place to relax, although them rustly critters in the dark of night had us relaxing on the luxurious and well-lit front porch enjoying an amazing evening with a bottle of bubbly. We were rushed to leave by long distance appointments, but a delicious breakfast was served early (specifically to accommodate our schedule) and the conversation was pleasant. This B&B really is off the beaten path, but I assure you that it's well worth the scenic drive and stop-over. Kudos!

Room Tip: We stayed in the little White House, attached, but separate from the main house, and it was immacula...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ehren7
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Great B&B in the heart of the Piney Woods. It's a nice overnight stop on a very out of the way trip from Dallas to Houston. We arrived to fresh baked cookies (which I ate before dinner.... and after dinner... and before breakfast... and a few for the road. The house is very nice and the property is secluded in the woods right on the river. Breakfast was all from scratch too. When I made my reservation, they asked if there wasn't anything I didn't eat and I am a picky eater so I named off a few things I despise for breakfast. My breakfast didn't contain any of those items so I was one happy camper. The innkeepers take good pride in their home and their hospitality and were great hosts.

Two things to be aware of: there isn't much to do in the area as far as shopping or eating. It's a great place to get away and relax and enjoy nature and (extremely) small town cuisine but if your looking to shop and dine it might not be your cup of tea. And it's in the middle of the forest -- all of those relaxing nature sounds that are peaceful when you are awake can keep you up when you are asleep so bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: The small room attached to the main house is nice and private yet 5 steps away from the main house a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple