“Stress free, that's me!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
La Paz Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Jasper B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family stayed at La Paz over Mother's Day weekend. Although this was a second stay for my mom, my daughter, and me, my husband and son had never been here before. They were very impressed by the accommodations, the food, and the peaceful atmosphere. It was wonderful to sit on the big porch at night, drinking wine, and visiting with each other. Paul and Anne are the perfect hosts, willing to sit and chat as time allowed. The rooms were clean and inviting. It's obvious a lot of careful thought and consideration went into planning and building the place.

We will be back, but next time will stay longer. The weekend just wasn't long enough to explore the trails, take a nap on the porch bed, read in the hammock, and ... well, you get the idea!!

Room Tip: We liked the Little White House for the privacy, although really all of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Charming and exquisitely decorated, and delightful in every way. From the river front decks, wooden bridge walkway, playground, and twinkling lights lighting the trees beyond the bubbling fountain, it is obvious the owners have taken pride in making every detail outstanding! Love the swinging bed semi-private side porch off Mama's room. At 5pm there were cheese, cheeseball, crackers, mixed nuts, cake, cookies and Wine!

We stayed in Mama's room. Beautiful bath wit a choice of old claw foot tub or walk in marble shower with a bench. Bath robes are to die for! This room has only a full size bed or maybe a queen at most so that felt a bit cramped because we are used to a king. Mattress is soft. Pillows and linens top quality. Everything is immaculate and I could spend hours taking in the details. They offer a party barge river tour, canoes and Kayak rentals. Anne and Paul were perfect hosts: there if you call, but we felt like we had the place to ourselves. A wonderful relaxing secluded retreat.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank summbreeze
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Our family tries to visit this location three or four times a year. It's near family (they live in town). I have stayed at multiple lodging options in the area and nothing else even comes close. I'm baffled by the previous review! I've stayed in vacation rental homes or cabins and b&b across the country and most require a cleaning fee (staying in someone else's home and all) and la paz does not. The pictures speak for themselves but actually in person it's even more beautiful. My children love the play ground, having access to the playroom with free Wii and karaoke! There is also free DVD rental also. My kids are not yet old enough to kayak but are already begging to go. You could not ask for nicer hosts! We will continue to make this our destination when traveling to see family! The breakfast is southern food at it's best. I save my three or four times a year to have biscuits and gravy for these trips!

Room Tip: The bunk room is perfect for families with children. When it's just my husband and myself we lov...
1  Thank sarah t
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We were on our second day of riding our motorcycles through the national forests and decided to stay at a B&B instead of a hotel. What luck! La Paz, "little white house" was wonderful, luxurious, quiet, and very comfortable. Breakfast was decadent. I highly recommend La Paz. Anne and Paul we very gracious hosts. We will be back for a longer stay. This is a 5 star worthy B&B.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christine L
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were going to a wedding in Texas and arrived on 31 December - we were exhausted. As Scots we wanted somewhere special for the New Year. This Bed and Breakfast is off the beaten track but easy to find with a sat nav. The accommodation was lovely - spotlessly clean, stylish and comfortable. The couple who hosted us anticipated our needs - we were arriving late so they put a code of our choice into the entry system, had put out snacks and mini wine bottles, the lights were on low and the atmosphere was very welcoming. The host greeted us when he knew we had arrived. Breakfast was stunning - we have visited the USA often and lived there and have been overwhelmed by excessive breakfasts. This place offered a very tasty understated but truly delicious meal. Greek yoghurt with toasted oats and dried fruits served in a Martini glass followed by Creme Brule French Toast with 2 rashers of bacon and a piece of delicious venison sausage served with sliced mixed fruits - delicious - along with coffee or tea and fruit juice. The hosts were friendly and willing to chat and sensed the mood of their guests. We cannot recommend this highly enough. Superb.

Room Tip: Contact the hosts - there are a variety of rooms to meet different needs.
2  Thank HeatherMGardiner
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a very special family gathering that needed to be between those in Texas and those in Louisiana. I picked La Paz for it's location, and for the fact they accepted children, but was over-the-top delighted in what I arrived to! I always choose bed & breakfast inns over hotels whenever possible, so I've experienced poor to great. This one is at the top of my list! It's very tastefully done in beautiful antiques, and there are amenities for every need. We had children in our group, and they were made to feel welcome. There was a playroom for the older kids and a playground for the younger. The grounds were so lovely with lights in the trees and a wooden walkway to the river.
The rooms were all as comfortable as they were lovely. All the young couples wanted to be in The Little White House; exceptionally private and cozy (but roomy). I loved the cabin, which is over a 100 years old with a little breakfast area/bathroom added on. It had a wonderful back porch with swings and rockers that overlook the river. My niece wanted to know how it was possible to not find a speck of dust anywhere....
And the breakfast was fabulous! Creme brulee stuffed french toast, homemade granola on organic yogurt, lots of fresh fruit....no one had to eat again 'til late afternoon!
Thank you, Anne and Paul, for opening your beautiful home to our crazy group. We loved it and plan to come back again, hopefully, this new year!

2  Thank teenybabynurse
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I have been to La Paz twice and are currently planning our next trip back. It is a wonderfully relaxing experience. The rooms are comfortable, clean and every amenity is attended to. The breakfast is absolutely the best. Anne and Paul go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The in-house massage by Diane Mott is the best I have ever had. I highly recommend her. Just be sure to set it up when you make the reservation.

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Little White House and it was great. The shower in the upstairs room in fanta...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple