“Exactly What A Hotel Should Be” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Texas
“Exactly What A Hotel Should Be”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

We booked online and just figured we might be settling for mediocre at best ... very pleasantly surprised!
The night clerk was very friendly and efficient, even as she was having to deal with phone calls while she was checking us in. She was a treasure to the company! East Texas hospitality, for sure!
Overall, the hotel looked new (the desk clerk said it was 6 years old) and was very clean. Room was clean, spacious and comfy. We had no trouble with the wifi and that's crucial to me.
Breakfast was standard HIE fare and the only complaint I might have about the entire experience is that they attendant began putting away breakfast items before 10 a.m. Other guests came in about 15 minutes before breakfast was supposed to close and the attendant had already put away the sausage and several other items. I felt sorry for the family with young children ...
Other than that ... it was pretty much a perfect place and a perfect stay. We had a great nights' rest and were recharged to hit the road the next morning.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TX_Wend
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Wow! Thank you for the great review. I have praised my staff for another job well done. I do apologize though for the miss communicating of the breakfast bar hours. Our hours are from 6 am till 9:30 am. I have informed my staff to make sure they remember to let all guest's checking in know what times breakfast is available. We appreciate your business and hope you stay with us again soon.
Tammy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I am frequently here on business and the staff is very warm and welcoming. The hotel is kept very clean. The wifi speed however keeps me from joining in on important meetings and doing day to day stuff that keeps me working. Overall a very nice place, just frustrating at times.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank krhoden82
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
We are sorry that you have experienced an issue with the internet during your stay, we are looking into the issue to see what may have been the problem with our tech department. I do apologize and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

I arrived here on my motorcycle, after driving all day in the rain. The staff let me park under the portico. They gave me advice about restaurants. But when I started off on foot, because I was too tired to ride, Heather, who works there, came out after me and insisted she drive me in her car. She picked me up after dinner too. And the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Stephan B
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Thank you for your comments they are very much appreciated we have commended our staff for going the extra mile for you.
Baldivis, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Hotel staff were excellent, breakfast in the morning supurb. The hotel itself was well looked after and the rooms were very well presented. Fitness centre could have been a little larger but the equipment that was there worked perfectly. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Axell33
Rogersville, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

After a long drive, this was a nice hotel to spend the night at. The staff was friendly and I received a Priority Club welcome kit. Pool was outside, it looked nice, but I did not swim. The gym was a little on the small side, only having an elliptical machine, a treadmill and a bike. The room was good, the shower nice and breakfast was pleasant as usual.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We were greeted and checked in by Sharon at the front desk. She recognized us as Priority Club members and mentioned they would have milk & cookies at about 7PM in the lobby. The hotel was very clean and in very good condition. It is located across the highway from a regional hospital and a couple of blocks from a Wal-Mart Supercenter. Our room had Wi-fi and ethernet cable internet access, but we didn't try either. There is an outdoor swim pool with a small waterfall feature that looked inviting, but we didn't use it. Breakfast area was nice, clean, & had enough choices to eat. Overall, we were well impressed! Thanks Sharon!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Elysian Fields, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

This is one of those HIEX that you walk into and feel good at. I was greeted promptly, checked right in, thanked for being a Platinum member..upgraded to a beautiful suite. Whats not to like?? After an hour or so, Stacey from the front desk called me and asked if I was pleased (YES!) and if there was anything she could do further. These few things (aside from the great facility) has steered me here from another HIEX that I usually stay at. Managment should be proud.
Anyway, very nice pool, cool looking little waterfall in it too! Pretty dining area, spotless clean everything. Hot coffee waiting (not always the case..hate it when I get a cup of cold coffee...blech). I am here right now and enjoying everything. I like the fact that they have Ethernet access. I get tired of fooling around witih wireless log in every night.
I was informed that there would be cookies and milk later waiting in the lobby...lol...milk? Gotta' love it!
Stay here with confidence