“Exceeded Expectations”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Madison, Alabama
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

(Actually there December 2012, but that wasn't an option.)
This property exceeded my expectations. I appreciated the glass glasses in the room, and separate switches for light and fan in the bathroom. The AC is quiet and the fan can be run continuously for white noise.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank hummernator
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
From the management and hotel staff it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and hope to see you again, thank you for the great comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I had an bad experience at Super 8 and I call here and the Customer Service skills was GREAT!!! My stay here was nice, clean and the breakfast was good. I will be back over and over again!!! I have family in Jasper Texas and I'm from Dallas... Love it!!!

Room Tip: Great Hotel!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank deewhite000
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
It was our pleasure to Welcome you to the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS SUITES, JASPER TEXAS. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for the great comments they will be forwarded to the staff.
Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We booked online and just figured we might be settling for mediocre at best ... very pleasantly surprised!
The night clerk was very friendly and efficient, even as she was having to deal with phone calls while she was checking us in. She was a treasure to the company! East Texas hospitality, for sure!
Overall, the hotel looked new (the desk clerk said it was 6 years old) and was very clean. Room was clean, spacious and comfy. We had no trouble with the wifi and that's crucial to me.
Breakfast was standard HIE fare and the only complaint I might have about the entire experience is that they attendant began putting away breakfast items before 10 a.m. Other guests came in about 15 minutes before breakfast was supposed to close and the attendant had already put away the sausage and several other items. I felt sorry for the family with young children ...
Other than that ... it was pretty much a perfect place and a perfect stay. We had a great nights' rest and were recharged to hit the road the next morning.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TX_Wend
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Wow! Thank you for the great review. I have praised my staff for another job well done. I do apologize though for the miss communicating of the breakfast bar hours. Our hours are from 6 am till 9:30 am. I have informed my staff to make sure they remember to let all guest's checking in know what times breakfast is available. We appreciate your business and hope you stay with us again soon.
Tammy
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I am frequently here on business and the staff is very warm and welcoming. The hotel is kept very clean. The wifi speed however keeps me from joining in on important meetings and doing day to day stuff that keeps me working. Overall a very nice place, just frustrating at times.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank krhoden82
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
We are sorry that you have experienced an issue with the internet during your stay, we are looking into the issue to see what may have been the problem with our tech department. I do apologize and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I arrived here on my motorcycle, after driving all day in the rain. The staff let me park under the portico. They gave me advice about restaurants. But when I started off on foot, because I was too tired to ride, Heather, who works there, came out after me and insisted she drive me in her car. She picked me up after dinner too. And the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Stephan B
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Thank you for your comments they are very much appreciated we have commended our staff for going the extra mile for you.
Baldivis, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Hotel staff were excellent, breakfast in the morning supurb. The hotel itself was well looked after and the rooms were very well presented. Fitness centre could have been a little larger but the equipment that was there worked perfectly. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Axell33
Rogersville, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2012

After a long drive, this was a nice hotel to spend the night at. The staff was friendly and I received a Priority Club welcome kit. Pool was outside, it looked nice, but I did not swim. The gym was a little on the small side, only having an elliptical machine, a treadmill and a bike. The room was good, the shower nice and breakfast was pleasant as usual.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business