“Great Stay (x2)”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I travel about 50 weeks out of the year for work and I have to admit this property is by far the friendliest and cleanest I have been to. The front desk employees will always go out of their way to greet you and dish out a great smile as you're coming or going.
After only being here for 4 nights, they have already remembered me and welcomed me back with a warm hello...even asking me how my weekend at home was.
Thank you so much ladies! You all have made me smile everyday I've been here.
:o)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review, and we look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here before in December of 2012, and were very pleased. It is still a very nice place to stay, but on this visit we noticed that housekeeping was not good about replenishing the TP, and we had to ask for more kleenex. Still, we like having the glass glasses (instead of plastic), the fan that will run continuously to cover up the cycling on and off of the AC (which is quiet anyway, but the extra white noise helps.)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hummernator
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for your review, your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This is my third time here for business , I simply live the hotel and the friendliness of the people working there , everyone has a smile for you and make you feel at home I really congratulate everyone working there and recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2014
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your review your comments have been passed along to the staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My family and I visited the Holiday Inn Express in Jasper, TX on 12/24/13. The facility was very clean and well decorated. Everyone, even the patrons, were very friendly. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, room temperature was excellent, and they have nice flat screen TVs. Breakfast was excellent (sausage, biscuits, pancakes, eggs, cereal, pastries). Holiday Inn Hotels seem to be the best as far as I'm concerned. I've stayed in quite a few hotels, but when I stay at a Holiday Inn I always seems to get a goods night rest.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, it was a pleasure to have you. We look forward to having you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I called up this location's hotel website Dec. 22 to reserve a room for two adults, Dec. 28. We travel all over the South/Southwest all the time but haven't stayed with this chain lately because we've found much more accommodating chains ... but this town was the best stopover for our route and decided to reserve at this hotel since neither of our two fave chains are there.

I called up my Priority Club IHG account, saw I had 8,000+ points so I selected 'reward nights' and had the option of using 15,000 points for a free night or 10,000 points plus $40, or 5,000 points plus $70.

Since I only had 8,000+ points, I selected 5,000 points plus $70. A pop-up said, 'you don't have enough points.' I know I don't have enough for a free night but wanted the 'rewards plus cash' night. I started over, again clicked the 5,000 points plus $70 option. Again, pop-up saying not enough points.

So I called the toll-free reservation number and got a pleasant and professional agent who said it must be an interface error and she could check on it. I said, 'Also, while I have you, can you look into another issue? I think we have two accounts and I might have points in the other account as well; can you merge the two accounts?' She said no, but that she could transfer me to someone who could.

So I got a less friendly woman with a stiff, robotic accent (like nothing I have ever heard and I personally know people from almost every corner of the planet). I asked about merging the accounts and she said she could but that I had no points in the other account. I told her that was odd since we had stayed at an IHG place on military bases once or twice on that other account. She said, you don't get points when you stay at an IHG on military bases. Why not, I wondered? But I let it go because I thought to myself that after this stay, IHG would never see us again.

So I just told her to cancel the other account to keep down confusion since it had no points anyhow. She said OK. Then I asked her to transfer me back to the earlier person so I could get my 'points plus cash' reservation that I was unable to make earlier on the hotel's website. But she said she could make the reservation for me, so I said OK.

So she was making the 'points plus cash' reservation and told me multiple times that the $70 and points would be taken immediately and NONREFUNDABLE and I called to my husband to hurry and move money from one of our bank accounts onto our bank credit card (because of course you never give a debit to a hotel). He was surprised because the hotel chain we mostly use never puts a charge on your card till your arrival. But he moved the money over quickly and I gave her my card. She told me once more the money would come off the card immediately and be nonrefundable. OK, OK, I said.

Then she said, now you may cancel this reservation up until 6 p.m. on the 28th. I said, wait a minute, you said my payment would be nonrefundable. She said that's right. I said then why would I cancel it? She said well, so the hotel will know you aren't coming and won't be inconvenienced. And I said if they are keeping my money and points anyhow, why do I care? She said because if you don't let them know you aren't coming, you will incur additional charges. I asked her was she kidding me. She said, yes, if you do not call, you will incur additional charges. (Even though my room is bought and paid for!)

My husband, overhearing, says tell her to forget that reservation and to cancel any and all accounts we might have with them. I told her. She became kind of snide and think she was trying to tell me that I was going to lose my points and I just said something to the effect of 'it's all good, goodbye, etc.' She never tried once to apologize for the barbaric polices and crappy website.

While talking to the two agents, I never heard 'this call might be monitored for quality assurance,' so I'm guessing that chain is not big on quality assurance and/or doesn't want to hear the reaction to some of their policies like charging extra if you don't show up for your PREPAID room or not giving points for IHGs that are lucky enough to get to operate on bases used by the folks who defend this country (like my military retiree husband.)

So if you try to make reservations on this hotel's website and have problems with the 'reward' options, you can call central reservations and maybe get some degree of help. As for us, we can reroute our trip around Jasper and anywhere else where IHG is the only viable option. Just know that there are at least two very good chains whose rewards systems are extremely simple and generous, no prepay, and points refunded if you cancel before 6.

Room Tip: I would get a room elsewhere myself but if you do want to stay here, check out all their policies ve...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank papertravel
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for your comments and suggestions they have been forwarded to IHG corporate.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Jasper for approximately four years averaging over nights per year due to my professional travels as an oil and gas consultant. When I originally started working in this area I tried all the name brand motels and found none that came close to equalling the hospitality offered by the staff (which I have found to be excellent), ambiance, cleanliness, and accomidating toward making the seasoned traveler comfortable. I hold the staff of this establishment in very high regard, they have a way of making patrons feel at home.

Room Tip: I prefer the 2nd floor, executive suites. These rooms face Hwy 190 but road noise is minimal and ha...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your outstanding comments, they are greatly appreciated. And as always it is a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Visiting Hemphill area and difficult to find accommodations. Jasper is about a half hour away and I trust in Holiday Inn Express when going to a strange city to offer good quality at a reasonable price. I was not disappointed. Typical HIE hotel, and their breakfast did stand out as excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Tammy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us it was a pleasure to have you.