“Happy Momma”
Review of Econo Lodge Jasper

Econo Lodge Jasper
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I was born in Jasper, Texas and have family in Newton. This was my first time staying in a motel so close to family, but the car was full!! 4 kiddos and myself just couldnt crash in on everyone so late at night. I have read other reviews on here and Autrevie claimed the rooms were dirty and smelled of the asphalt from outside. I couldnt DISAGREE more! Im a clean freak and I was totally pleased with how VERY CLEAN everything was. Even the air filter was new and yes i checked considering i have asthma. The breakfast consist of waffles and cereal. Plenty of juice and coffee. We will stay again. Mr. Pattel was a great host. Great price for the family budget and I didnt even have alergies the next day! Thanks Econo lodge of Jasper!!!

Room Tip: I dont think theres one better than the next. This place is very well kept
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed here for one night, 7/23/12, and will not stay here again. It's a motel with room doors all facing FM-63, currently being repaved, strong odor of asphalt. Lobby is tiny, and not really a place to sit. Rooms are dark, slightly dirty, poor vacuuming. Breakfast was free but very limited and all sweet carbohydrates. Clientele appeared to be all male truckers and oilfield workers. First room we were shown was ground floor, handicapped. Dark black-red wall was not nice; single window faced dark walkway, so no light coming in. Toilet didn't work, two table lamps, light bulb in one was burned out. Asked for another. Front desk manager was polite, attentive, friendly. Next room was on balcony level. Stairways were open and seemed safe. But wall behind headboards of second was dark orange (WHY?) and room had only one lamp! Too dark, dingy; old, dark carpeting. Rooms did not resemble other pictures posted here. This is not a new hotel; do not understand comment from "chetanjasper." Good points: strong shower flow with adequate hot water, flat screen TV, low price. Good restaurant close by: Elijah's Cafe.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank autrevie
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I travel extensively for work and came across this little gem of a hotel by accident. I was on my way to Houston from Ft. Polk, La and hit Jasper just as I was getting tired of the drive. I stopped by another brand hotel but was told they were sold out so I went to Econo Lodge hoping for a room. I was greeted by Vinay, friendliest front desk agent I've met in a LONG time! He went out of his way to make sure that I had the exact room I wanted (King), in the exact location I wanted (off of the highway in the back corner), and even offered to help carry some of my baggage to my room (I had a ton of boxes that I needed to work on a project). I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room was immaculate. You cannot find cleaner rooms than this! The room was a nice size, smelled fresh (not that musty smell some hotels get), and the clean bedsheets were heavenly to melt into. Everything was in working order, never had to complain - not once. I received my wake up call exactly on time, had a fantastic cup of coffee with great conversation with Chet (one of the managers). The staff at the hotel was A++, from the housekeepers who didn't miss a single grain of dust, to the front desk staff that worked hard to ensure I had the exact room I desired, to the management team that came out from behind their desks to interact with their guests. I couldn't recommend this hotel more! When passing through Jasper, I will be SURE to stay at this hotel again! Thanks everyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JMK_MC
Reviewed 5 June 2012

For traveling on business day to day, I do not think I could of got a better room for the price I paid. Great folks! The interent was fast and the breakfast was superb. Clean pool and get this the place also has a exercise room with a weights. Clean, looks new, and reasonable priced with an excellent location. Stayed here for 2 weeks with my guys, sure stay here when in jasper!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank chetanjasper
Reviewed 30 May 2009

I am doing a travel assignment @ Christus Jasper Memorial Hospital. Have stayed at this hotel for the last 13 weeks, and have reported all problems to management mulyiple times!!! The last staw was this trip that I already had extenuating circumstances, and a pre-book for a single bed first floor room since Feb. The manager/owner/operator has given me a VERY sour outlook on all econo-lodges. I am fully aware that you get what you pay for; and it is cleaned daily, with a micro-fridge, microwave, twin bed (for most of my stays) bath ect... However, this hotel staff and service does nothing to be helpful, courteous, or willing to bend any rules/regs.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business