“At least, My bed was comfortable.”
Review of Econo Lodge Jasper

Econo Lodge Jasper
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Upon arrival to the hotel, the King room I requested was not available. The room a/c had not been on in days and the room smelled musty, irritating my spouses asthma. I walked into the shower area and found a dirty wash cloth hanging on the shower rod. The shower was adequate, but the "black" water marks on the ceiling were disturbing. The sheets on the double beds were well worn. Ihere was little positive to say, other than the walls showed fresh paint.

Room Tip: No tips for a room that smells musty.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HiLeesvilleManager, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Hi Icabb!

I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss this further, don't hesitate to reach out to our General Manager. I appreciate your comments! We are always looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights, nice friendly staff, decent room, continental breakfast and good location for the pineywoods area. A few decent restaurants nearby and a few supermarkets. Lots of nearby national parks worth a visit including martin dies and boykin springs in the angelina forest.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Gxcinoz!

Thank you for the kind review! We certainly are at a great location. I'm glad you thought our staff was friendly. I look forward to sharing your review with the team!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was a really nice motel, right on the main highway(190) about mid-way between everything. Wal-Mart close by, restaurant on the parking lot, big truck parking-boat parking, swimming pool,Very nice rooms,good beds and pillows. Very nice friendly people. A good place to stay. Good prices. Will go back again when I'm through that part of Texas.

Room Tip: I stay away from the pool area, sometimes it gets a little loud. A room at the end of the building i...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Linda S
Kristian R, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Linda S,

I'm truly honored that you thought so highly of our hotel! Our team strives to provide excellent customer service and a fabulous (and affordable!) place to stay! I agree, our location is excellent and our guests have everything they need right here or within walking distance!

Thank you for your review. I will certainly share your comments with our staff; I know it will be greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

There's a Holiday Inn Express across the street; a much better choice. This hotel may be the worse I have stayed in over the last forty years. The single sheet over the bed (no blankets) had large grease spots and paint on it. the rooms are barely furnished, buggy, dingy and dirty. This is not a "gem" but it does smell like a "gym." They ask for payment in advance... now I know why.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bill_W5PT
Kristian R, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Mr. Bill_W5PT,

Thank you for your response and comments about our property. Our hotel has recently undergone a Management transition, and we now have a new team eager to improve our hotel's image/ratings.

Although it is unfair to compare an economy hotel with a mid-priced hotel chain, I think that we certainly offer a clean, memorable experience at a fabulously affordable price that cannot be beat. While I cannot answer for the actions of the previous management team, I can promise you that our current team commits to making our guests' experience comfortable and affordable.

Your comments definitely gives us a place to start with improvements. Next time you are in town, Mr. Bill_W5PT, please stop by and allow us to show you the changes we have made and will continue to make. Again, thank you for your candid comments, and I wish you fabulous day!

Kristian Roddy | Guest Relations

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Pitiful breakfast, Lumpy beds. Also , I pais for three nights but only used two but could not get refund even though I checked out at 8:00 in the morning. They also turned the air off when they cleaned the room leaving the room hot and stuffy when I returned.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank james h

Dear Mr. james h,

Thank you for your response. Our hotel has recently undergone a Management transition, and we now have a new team eager to improve our hotel's image/ratings. With that being said, your particular reservation (If I am looking at the correct one!) was an advance purchase reservation from Expedia. You actually paid Expedia and in turn, Expedia pays the hotel. If you required a refund, you should call Expedia and speak with them. However, I do know that advance purchase reservations are typically non-refundable. I wish you luck with Expedia!

In regards to your other comments, we offer an extensive continental breakfast that includes bagels, cereal, coffee, etc. Also, our onsite restaurant, Novrosky's, has a fabulous assortment of dishes to choose from!

I do want to apologize for the housekeeper's mistake. That is obviously an oversight on her and the supervisors part. Thanks for bringing that to my attention! I will definitely pop into a few of their rooms to see if this is occurs regularly or if that was just a one time mistake.

Thanks again Mr. james h!

Kristian Roddy | Guest Relations

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I was born in Jasper, Texas and have family in Newton. This was my first time staying in a motel so close to family, but the car was full!! 4 kiddos and myself just couldnt crash in on everyone so late at night. I have read other reviews on here and Autrevie claimed the rooms were dirty and smelled of the asphalt from outside. I couldnt DISAGREE more! Im a clean freak and I was totally pleased with how VERY CLEAN everything was. Even the air filter was new and yes i checked considering i have asthma. The breakfast consist of waffles and cereal. Plenty of juice and coffee. We will stay again. Mr. Pattel was a great host. Great price for the family budget and I didnt even have alergies the next day! Thanks Econo lodge of Jasper!!!

Room Tip: I dont think theres one better than the next. This place is very well kept
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I stayed here for one night, 7/23/12, and will not stay here again. It's a motel with room doors all facing FM-63, currently being repaved, strong odor of asphalt. Lobby is tiny, and not really a place to sit. Rooms are dark, slightly dirty, poor vacuuming. Breakfast was free but very limited and all sweet carbohydrates. Clientele appeared to be all male truckers and oilfield workers. First room we were shown was ground floor, handicapped. Dark black-red wall was not nice; single window faced dark walkway, so no light coming in. Toilet didn't work, two table lamps, light bulb in one was burned out. Asked for another. Front desk manager was polite, attentive, friendly. Next room was on balcony level. Stairways were open and seemed safe. But wall behind headboards of second was dark orange (WHY?) and room had only one lamp! Too dark, dingy; old, dark carpeting. Rooms did not resemble other pictures posted here. This is not a new hotel; do not understand comment from "chetanjasper." Good points: strong shower flow with adequate hot water, flat screen TV, low price. Good restaurant close by: Elijah's Cafe.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends