“Well worth your time!”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Jefferson
More attraction details
Owner description: A one-hour tour of one of Jefferson's most historic - and haunted - locations. The Grove is an 1861 home that uniquely mirrors the history of the riverport city... and the ghost stories there go back over 100 years. The history of the home is fascinating; it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark. Along with the history, though, you'll hear ghost stories from the owners and find out just what it's like to live in a haunted home. Come visit The Grove for a peek into Jefferson's past... and a few residents who may still be hanging around!
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We just toured The Grove this past weekend and had a wonderful time. It's an absolutely beautiful home with a wonderful history. Even if you don't believe in the supernatural, it's worth the tour just to see the home and hear the history. If you DO believe in the supernatural, it's definitely worth it! You can just tell how much the owners love their home, and I'm so happy they decided to share it with the rest of us!

2  Thank Thefireman211
in 21 reviews
"storyteller"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent an hour and a half touring with the owner of The Grove and it felt like 10 minutes. Moving from room to room and hearing the stories was amazing. Each room held secrets and our host was fascinating. Don't miss it!!

1  Thank Kathy N
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Mom and I were in town for the HHL and she has taken several tours of the Grove and insisted that I experience it as well. What a sight! Mitchell does an excellent job of putting the history and experience into an amazing story. I love the fact that it is more of an intimate tour than the others we had been on with 40-50 people at once. What a treat! I cannot wait for our girls trip in Nov for the next HHL and to share with my friends this amazing property!! Way to go!! Don't forget to sign up for his GroveZine monthly email. It is something I look forward to every month :)

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We took some friends on the tour, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I actually had the comb holding my hair up in a bun played with and pulled out. My husband took a picture of a mist sitting on the white wrought iron chair in front of the house. Will do the tour many more times. Mitchel is the best tour guide, full of history and tales of ghosts!