“a lot of bread” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
East Texas
“a lot of bread”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Its a lot of bread. If you love cornbread than this is the place for you. I got the one with chili and it was pretty good, but gave me heart burn all night

Visited August 2011

Texas
“One word: YUM!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Had jalapeno cornbread, turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch today - it was AWESOME!
I'd love to pick up the whole shop and take it back home with me. I may go tomorrow if I can talk my hubby into it - it was that good. The broccoli slaw was great too. Menu advertised chicken and dumplings like mom used to make; well, my mom's was way better, but two out of three isn't bad. Besides, the cornbread sandwich was so good it makes up for anything else. Sorry to say I did not have any pie although it sure did look good. I figured I had consumed enough calories for one meal. Maybe tomorrow?? (Let me ask my husband if he'd like to go there two days in a row.) :)

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jefferson, Texas, United States
“So-so food and unfriendly service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I don't get cornbread sandwiches. They're okay. If the service were friendlier, I might go back. Every time I've been there, though, they act like they are doing me a favor by serving me.

shreveport
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

be sure to try the cornbread sandwich-very unique and very good-also the pie is a treat

Visited April 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
“Never had a cornbread sandwich? You havnt lived!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

The first time I visited Jefferson Texas, I ate at Kitt's Kornbread Sandwith and Pie Bar. I ordered a cornbread sandwith that had ham and cheese in it. This was the best cornbread I have ever eaten. It is not dry or crumbly, so it holds the sandwich perfectly. I am addicted. It is a small restaurant with one bathroom towards the back. The service is good, and you pay out at the bar. The pies are to die for. We got a couple of slices to go. I go back there for lunch every time I visit Jefferson.

Visited August 2011