“Perfect lunch spot ”

Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich & Pie Bar
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Jefferson
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Dining options: Lunch
Description: When I was 8 I invented what I called a "Kornbread Sandwich". Many years later my Mom and I opened up a pie shop and restaurant and we slowly introduced my creation after tweaking the recipe for our cornbread. It's become an addictive addition to our historic small town and we love to see the faces of our guests eating it for the first time. Come on in and try it. It's not your Mama's cornbread!
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This was great!! Peach ice tea and jalapeño cornbread club. Yummy!! Topped it all off with chocolate pecan pie. Check it out when you are in town.

1  Thank Randy B
There are newer reviews for Kitt's Kornbread Sandwich & Pie Bar

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great little diner. Greeted when we walked in, immediately took our drink order and things continued to get better. The ham cornbread sandwich was excellent as well as the strawberry salad with poppyseed dressing. The buttermilk pie was very good, however I recommend not ordering the key lime pie- it was not very good.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have known of this place for quite a while and we finally just jumped in the truck and made the drive from Tyler for the experience. It is very clean and the staff is just what you would expect from small town Texas. The cornbread sandwiches were not what I expected but they were still good. I would have liked more meat on my club and they are not really big. About the size of a regular piece of sandwich bread. I got the spicy mustard on mine and it was pretty good but you cant taste the cornbread at all because the mustard overpowers it. My wife got mayo on hers and it was a better balance of flavors. I don't know if I will ever drive 90 minutes for another one but I was glad I did yesterday. If you are in the area you really should stop for the experience and the story. My only real complaint was the price. It cost close to $40 for 4 adults to get a sandwich, chips and tea. You can get a lot more for your money at a sandwich chain but you wont have the story.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Can't go wrong eating here. When its cold try the stewp. All of the cornbread sandwiches are delicious. But if that's not your thing. Try any of the pie. Can't go wrong with very berry. But all of it is good. Service is quick & friendly.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

When you walk in you are immediately greeted and made feel welcomed and told you can seat yourself where ever you want to sit. When you walk in, you know it is clean because it even smells clean and looks clean. We got good service. Everyone was making sure we was waited on. My husband had the redneck sandwich which is the fried bologna cornbread sandwich. He loved it. I had the veggie lover. (I am not much of a meat eater) but the broccoli salad is to die for. So fresh. You gotta try it. My brother in law had the Irish cornbread sandwich and I do believe he enjoyed it. We did save room for dessert. My husband had the apple pie and had it warmed with a scoop of ice cream. The crust was flaky. You could tell it was made from scratch. He made the statement he would make the trip up there just to eat the pie and we live about 45miles from there. The character of the building was nice. The way the brick is exposed inside and the tin on the ceiling. Just a nice little place to go eat. If you haven't been, you need to try it. Only problem we had with this visit is it would have been nice if there was a sign on the door stating that the debit machine was out of order because we did not have cash on us. Thank goodness our brother in law had a check book on him and they did accept a check from him and he took care of our tab until we could get to an ATM to pay him back. (but they only took a check this one time because their machines were down so don't go in thinking they will take a check)