“The Carriage House in Jefferson, TX - The Best Place to Stay”

The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 28 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Want comfort, good food, good company and the best place to stay in Jefferson, TX? The Carriage House is it!!!! Stephanie and Tom have made the Carriage House "A Home Away From Home". Walking distance to everything you would/could want. Friendly and inviting. Just wouldn't stay anywhere else. 10 Stars plus.

Room Tip: Each room is unique in itself. From queen, king and double beds. Comfortable, clean and relaxing.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vgtinsley

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We were in Jefferson for the Girlfriend Weekend which is a trip in itself. Stephanie and Tom are fantastic hosts. Delicious gourmet breakfasts. Loved the slide show which Stephanie updated the last day of our stay with slides from Kathy Patrick's Beauty and the Book Girlfriend Weekend. My husband and I will definitely return to the Carriage House.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CrazyTraveler042
Reviewed 4 December 2011

If you're looking for a cozy place to stay while visiting Jefferson, don't miss the Carriage House B & B. Tom & Stephanie will make you feel right at home and the breakfasts are outstanding. The best rooms are in the cottage in back away from the main house. A little quieter and away from the action. Downtown is a short walk away and offers great shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BluffDwellers
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Carriage House B&B while in the area. We were greeted by owner Stephanie Lester upon arrival and given a tour of the property, then shown to our room, located across the courtyard from the main house with it's own entrance, the Allen Urqhart, which we found to be very clean with a comfortable bed and a welcoming plate of homemade cookies. As requested, a pot of decaf coffee was waiting for us the next morning on the table in the courtyard just outside our door. Prepared by owner Tom Lester, breakfast the first morning consisted of coffee, juice and a generous serving of Southwest Eggs Benedict, delicious. Second morning we had Mama Ronchi"s Mafia Scramble, also very good. Taking the quality of the breakfasts and personal service into consideration, a stay here represents a very good value. It is also within easy walking distance of Jefferson's downtown shopping and attractions.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 4gentexn
Reviewed 23 November 2011

First-rate location to enjoy a pleasant weekend of shopping and girlfriend time. Stephanie and Tom are great hosts and provide many amenities to enjoy Jefferson.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angela T
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My husband and I very much enjoyed our stay at the Carriage House B&B. Since we are big coffee drinkers we loved the morning coffee in the courtyard. It was also very nice to have a lovely selection of coffees and teas available in the house to enjoy at our convenience. Breakfast was superb! The room was very nice and the location is perfect. Downtown is only a short walk.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I recently had the opportunity to meet Tom and Stephanie and get to stay at "The Carraige House Bed and Breakfast." From the moment I walked up to the front door and met Stephanie and got the grand tour I knew that I was in for a treat. The couple are both warm and friendly and make you a feel a part of their family which includes Bug and Dixie (the canine greeters). My room was the Diamond Bessie which could not have been more beautifully decorated nor more peaceful and quiet. You are greeted with a plate of Stephanie's homemade cookies when you arrive and then with a wonderful continental breakfast during the week of blueberrie muffins and fruit cups - all delicious. I guess that the best compliment I could give is when I arrived home and my hubby looked at me and said "I can tell that you will be going back there to stay!" He knows me very well. I would recommend this inn to anyone.
Paulette Cannon

Room Tip: My room The Diamond Bessie was out back and could not have been more peaceful and quiete.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
The Excelsior House
Benefield House Bed & Breakfast
The Steamboat Inn
The Steamboat Inn
#12 of 28 in Jefferson

Been to The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!