“NO OTHER PLACE WILL DO”

Ranked #2 of 28 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Fort Worth, Texas
“NO OTHER PLACE WILL DO”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My cousin and I go twice a year to the all town "Rummage Sales". The residents and commerical businesses all participate in it and not only do you get great deals, but you also meet the friendliest, warm hearted people. Of course, it goes without saying that the only place we stay in Jefferson is The Carriage House B&B. No other place will do. We can walk to all the sales (in town and around the neighborhoods). Tom and Stephanie make you feel just like family. They give it their all in hospitality and catering to your every need. As I have said before " It is like Home away from Home".

V Tinsley

Room Tip: I love the cottages. Private and cozy. But any room is good. Just don't miss the coffee...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Fort Worth
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We loved our stay at The Carriage House- we stayed in one of the cottages. It was very private and very nice. The host was extremely helpful. We ordered breakfast in our room- very good:) We had dinner in town.

• Stayed March 2012
Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Even though I had a short visit; I was like family here. Not only did I learn a lot, but I got to see some events that took place and I was treated like I was a local. I will definately be back to this place... for sure!!

Room Tip: Just a tip; what ever room you pick, it will be the BEST!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marcus B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This bed and breakfast takes the cake! The Carriage House innkeepers are so welcoming and have amazing attention to detail. When we woke up, there was coffee waiting for us in the courtyard...and amazing tasting coffee at that! The innkeepers recommended several activities in Jefferson that I didn't even know existed! Very knowledgeable and constantly looking out for our comfort and enjoyment. The food was out of this world, too!!! I wish they would be my personal chef :) Great, fantastic, perfect stay at The Carriage House! I will definitely be staying there again...and hopefully soon!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are fantastic!
1 Thank Micaela L
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We had an absolute wonderful time at the "The Carriage House" in historic Jefferson, TX. The accommodations were top notch and our room had such personality. The breakfast in the morning was my favorite. Can't wait to go back!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This B&B was so charming and inviting. It was exactly what my husband and I were hoping for, white picket fence and all. The rooms were cleverly decorated with the history of Jefferson and the hosts couldn't have been more accommodating. The breakfast/coffee on the fabulous porch was my favorite. The location was perfect as it was a few minutes walk from dowtown Jefferson. Can't wait to go again and would highly recommend.

Shreveport
Reviewed 22 February 2012

If you have not had a chance, yet, to get yourself to Jefferson Texas for a getaway, week or weekend, pack your bags now and go now! Jefferson is a trip back in time, when people were gracous and personal safety and respect were understood as the norm. To top you experience off and to maximize your utter joy of the Jeffersonian experience, you must stay at the absolutely exqusite and quant Carriage House. Steps away from everyhting, the Carriage House is a pristine paradise of a time long forgotton. Let the stress levels of your daily grind melt away as you enter through the white picket fence gate and are greeted by Tom and Stephanie, your hosts, who will see to your every whim and fancy and make you feel as if you were a part of their family for years. The accomodations are spacious and immaculately clean, and each room is decorated with authentic furniture and room accessories from times past. All rooms have all modern necessities and nothing is left for wanting. Breakfast is so delicious that words alone cannot describe the experience of this Carriage House culinary treat!

I have made the trip monthly to escape the hectic life in Shreveport, and each time it's time to leave, as I pull away in my car, I am a bit saddened, because my time at the Jefferson House, and in Jefferson itself, has come to a close. I actually find myself speaking aloud, "Good-bye Carriage House- Good -bye Jefferson.

If you have never been to Jefferson, or have been to Jefferson, but have not stayed at the Carriage House, get out your calendars now and pencil dates to go and make reservations at the Carriage house. You will not regret it. Go-Go-Go!

Robert G. Sweet

Room Tip: The detached Gould room is my favorite, but all are equally enjoyable and unique!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
Hampton Inn Marshall
Benefield House Bed & Breakfast
The Steamboat Inn
The Steamboat Inn
#11 of 28 in Jefferson

Been to The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!