“AMAZING GOURMET BREAKFASTS!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jefferson
Claiborne House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 27 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Lufkin, Texas
“AMAZING GOURMET BREAKFASTS!!!”
Reviewed 27 November 2010

The Claiborne House B&B blew us away! The Breakfasts were exquisite in taste, presentation and very gourmet!!! The rooms were also amazingly furnished and decorated fit for a king. We loved having a fireplace in the room, too. Elaine and Steve were very friendly and helpful and our we look forward to staying at the Claiborne House again!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 November 2010

My wife and I were traveling through Jefferson at the end of October and decided to stay at the Claiborne House. We're glad we did. This is a great old house that has been perfectly restored. The rooms are comfortable and large. Breakfast was great and we had a nice converation with the other guests before taking off on the rest of our trip. Elaine was an excellent host. All in all, a very nice time at a wonderful B&B.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We had a great time in Jefferson. Steve and Elaine were very helpful in our shopping questions and restaurant suggestions. The Claiborne House felt like going back home. We only wish we would have had more time to spend in the room in the jacuzzi! We certainly needed it after the shopping! The food was great, the rooms comfortable, the owners accommodating to our every need, and the porch swing fit me just right!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Corinth, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2010

The Claiborne House has a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere. I traveled alone to get away from the big city and relax. I was very happy with my elegant room and overall atmosphere of this charming old house. Elaine and Steve are wonderful hosts. Might I recommend the one-hour stone massage? Steve is by far the best massage therapist I have ever met! After my massage I slept better than I had in months! At breakfast I realized that I was dining with couples who are regulars at the Claiborne House. That alone speaks volumes. They just keep coming back, and I will too!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 July 2010

This was the perfect place to celebrate my husbands return from Iraq and our 20th Wedding Anniversary. The champagne and chocolate strawberries were the perfect start to a romatic weekend, from the jacuzzi tub for two, comfortable bed/romantic room, candlelight dinner and amazing breakfast's everything was perfect. Steve, Elaine and their staff are the nicest people you'll ever meet and go out of their way to make you feel at home. We spent the day shopping in all the unique/antique shops, rested our weary feet during a horse drawn carriage ride around town and cruised Caddo Lake on a steam powered paddle boat. Jefferson may be small but its the perfect getaway and Steve and Elaine are the perfect hosts.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We had a thoroughly wonderful time at the Claiborne House B&B in Jefferson, TX. We've stayed in a lot of B&Bs, and this is currently on the top of our list.
The facilities and service were excellent. But what made it above and beyond the excellence of others was the personal hospitality extended by the hosts/owners, Steve and Elaine Holden. They are a great B&B team!
If you go to Jefferson, TX, don't miss this B&B!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry085
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Please note that going to b&b's is a hobby for my well behaved daughter & I. We have never had a problem before. When I made the reservation I had an extensive conversation with the lady of the house about bringing my 7 y/o daughter (I never want any unwanted tension). The lady had no problem with it. Long story short, when we showed up, the lady opens the door, looks at me first, a white single women, and is friendly. Once she looks down at my tan skinned daughter her mood changes. She is rude, giving me orders instead of treating me like a paying customer, & ends up saying over & over that we'd be more comfortable somewhere else, but that they would keep or deposit. Now I am the first person to call, excuse me, b.s. when someone screams racism, but.... The others in the b&b were all couples, which included 2 non-white women with their white men. I also assume if I would of had a man with me the lady's attitude might of been different (just like a single woman, who has a man with her, will get a better deal when buying a car...). Since they wouldn't refund our deposit, we stayed 1 night instead of 2 nights as was previously planned. They didn't even attempt to get my daughter something she would eat at breakfast, like simple toast & fruit. Gross stuff under the bathtub mat, too.

• Stayed May 2010