“Lovely accommodations, scrumptious breakfast, and quaint town.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Azalea Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jefferson
Azalea Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 27 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Lovely accommodations, scrumptious breakfast, and quaint town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This B&B serves a delightful breakfast (more than we could eat) in the room. It is tastefully decorated and close to downtown Jefferson. The king bed was too soft for my choosing but manageable. A lovely porch and courtyard for relaxing outside.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bobbie93

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I decided to leave busy Dallas for a long weekend in East TX in a little town called Jefferson. Neither of us had been there, but it was suggested to us by a few friends so we went online and researched the town, Chamber of Commerce, etc. We then started searching for accomodations.

It quickly became apparent that most accomodations came in the form of B&B's, but which one? There are dozens of B&B's in Jefferson, each with their 5 stars on travel sites. After reading several - we decided on The Azalea Inn.

We booked our reservations online and arrived on Thu June 12. We were greeted warmly by the proprietor Valerie who gave us a tour and history of the Inn. We were showed to our room which was one of three that they offer. It was called the "Perry" room after a famous Texas Ranger named Rufus Perry who was a great great grandfather of Valerie's husband Sam.

The home and our room was wonderfully appointed with artifacts from the 1800's. The home was restored in 2007. It has a beautiful courtyard and gardens where we took our coffee each morning to fountains and birds chirping. Simply wonderful and relaxing.

Now many of the B&B's in Jeffererson are going to have history, or even an historical designation from the state. They'll be beautiful and you may be happy with them. What distinguished the Azalea Inn for me was the individual touches and super clean accomodations. With only three rooms, there's only a maximum of three couples/six people staying at one time.

My wife and I didn't have to mingle with others if we didn't want to. It was like we had the home to ourselves. We had homemade candies/chocolates delivered to our room upon arrival. We were served a gourmet breakfast each morning in the comfort of our room. We didn't have to congregate with all other guests around a large dining table between 7-8am for breakfast eating with 16 strangers like at some larger B&Bs.

Our breakfasts were over-the-top gourmet. One morning we were were served sausage, ham frittata, hot hash brown casserole, apple-cinnamon muffins, watermelon, cantelope, a slice of chocolate bread w/ blueberry compote and more. The meals were served on gorgeous dishes and ramekins and served super hot. The pitcher of OJ was super cold. Coffee was provided in the room which we could make when we woke up. The silverware was heavy and the napkins - well - I was afraid to wipe my mouth with them! Very nice.

If I'm going to give you a real and honest review, which I'd appreciate if I were reading your review - I'd tell you that yes, I had a couple things that I'd change - 1st - hot water. I must've showered at the exact same time that the other guests showered b/c I didn't have very much hot water on any of the three mornings of my stay. 3-4 min max. My wife didn't have a problem though - she had plenty everytime and no, I didn't shower after her each day.

2nd - Pilllows. We could've used a second sleeping pillow, I woke up first morning with crick in my neck. The bed is beautiful with numerous decorative pillows, but the sleeping pillows were just one per person.

About an hour or 90 minutes after breakfast on our last morning - Valerie came back to our room to ask us about our stay and swiped our credit card on her iPad. Very easy checkout. We thanked her and even bought a cookbook that she published with her great recipes.

Go online and book a couple of nights at The Azalea Inn - you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Get the Valentine room if you can - it has a King sized bed. If you want seclusion or more privacy...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andy A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My boyfriend and I had a truly fantastic stay at the Azalea Inn in Jefferson Texas. It was a very comfortable and quiet house and neighborhood, making it simple to feel at ease. We stayed in the Valentine Room, which despite its busy wallpaper is so insanely peaceful.. be sure to check out the photos I added. The decor is awesome with antiques of different kinds, cute tea sets, and other charming vintage pieces. Valerie was very welcoming upon our arrival, helping us to discover good food and fun attractions in and around Jefferson. Considering we ended up in the Azalea Inn on a Sunday night, the large collection of movies this b&b has made our stay that much better. What better way to spend a Sunday night than with popcorn and a good movie?

Oh, and have I mentioned the breakfast yet? Be sure to check out my photo, we had a TON of food and all of it was delicious. I purchased the Azalea Inn cookbook online when I got home because there are some things in that photo I just need to eat again. My boyfriend and I talk about heading back to Jefferson someday, and when we do, I bet we'll end up back at the Azalea.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We spent two nights in this B&B and every aspect of it is absolutely top class. Beautiful decor, friendly welcome, huge comfortable bed and the best breakfasts we have ever had. We can't recommend the Azalea Inn highly enough. Thanks for a great stay.

Chris & Helen, England

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Azalea Inn. More important than anything, the bed was fantastically comfortable. The breakfast was over the top! The inn keepers were terrific, too. When we return to Jefferson, we will stay here. And we recommend it to our friends and you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank ScottDallas
Estelline tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My sister and I just spent a couple of nights there, and were so happy we did. The house is lovely. We had the Valentine Room. Beds are awesome! The sheets are super luxurious! The breakfast.....five stars!!! We couldn't eat lunch because we ate the whole thing! The inn keepers are the best. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank SusieQ1206
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Just got home from a little 3-day trip to Jefferson, where I met my two sisters. We picked this inn over the others because we were looking for first-floor sleeping rooms, and we were very happy with our selection!

Valerie, our innkeeper, was just lovely -- our last morning, we sat and visited for an hour or more and learned a lot about Jefferson and the history of the Azalea Inn.

The rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. And the breakfast . . . whoa! One morning we had ham, quiche, biscuits with gravy, stewed fruit, fresh fruit, juice and, oh yes . . . hot apple bread with praline sauce. Way more than we could manage to eat in one sitting!

OH . . . when you return from dinner and are looking for something interesting to do, the innkeepers have a catalog of the over 600 movies they have available for your use. And they update all the time . . . we watched The Butler and Captain Phillips, both brand new releases, while we were there!

Room Tip: One room has a king-sized bed, the other two have queens. So ask if you have a preference! They...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WednesdayNightGirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
The Excelsior House
White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast
The Steamboat Inn
The Steamboat Inn
#9 of 27 in Jefferson

Been to Azalea Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!