“" Great wedding anniversary B & B "”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jefferson
Captain's Castle and Carriage House Inn
Ranked #13 of 27 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Winnsboro, Texas
“" Great wedding anniversary B & B "”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We just got through staying two days in Sara's room at the Captain's Castle and I've got a few things to tell you. The room was very clean and accomodating. The breakfasts were outstanding. The hospitality that Bill and Angie gave was first class. You get to meet interesting people. Also, the B & B is being upgraded which tells me this couple is putting their hard work and love into their business to make it the best it can be. We had a great time and plan to come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jkph5665

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

As we relaxed in the "Sarah" room in the main house, I told my husband it seemed as if we had stepped back in time. The rooms are beautiful. Bill and Angie are so welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. This was our first trip to a B&B in Jefferson and we can't wait to stay at the Captain's Castle when we visit again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank oliviadwedel79
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This was my new husband & my first time to stay in a B&B. It was our honeymoon get away and it was excelent. The room was clean, the linens were fresh and the hospitality was great as well. Angie & Bill made us feel like we were family from the moment we got there.
We visited with the other guests over a fabulous home cooked breakfast & coffee. Then a tour of the house.
We are already planning another trip back to Jefferson with our kids & their spouses and The Captains Castle is where we will be staying.
A big Thank You to Angie & Bill for making our honeymoon so memorable.

The Enny's

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Ennys44bulldog
Collinsville, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed at the Captain's Castle B & B and if all you are interested in is a place to sleep and great food, then this is the place for you. If you are looking for anything else, then this is not the place for you. Our room had no cups to drink out of. No coffee pot (we had to wait until 8:00 AM or go elsewhere for coffee), no shampoo or hair dryer. So, come prepared to take care of these things yourself. The tv was an old, very small analog tv with a remote that did not work with that tv. The picture was so fuzzy, you could not watch the tv, so we went without it after we missed a few of our favorite shows. When we made our reservations, no mention was made about the construction going on. The nice gazebo we read about in the write up was just being built, so we did not get a chance to enjoy that and woke up one morning to saws going off as the mornings work began around there. Maybe next year they will be better. But unfortunately, for the price.......we can do much, much better as there is a lot of competition in Jefferson for a good B & B.

Room Tip: I would guess the best tip I could recommend is to not only read reviews, but to also ask before you...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank PROBE61196
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Just returned from a small military reunion headquartered at Captain's Castle and must say it was a most enjoyable experience. Bill and Angie (our hosts) were friendly, polite, and attentive without being intrusive. The food and accomodations were excellent, comfortable, and relaxing.
Our hosts were informative about the many tours, and sights to be explored. A really refreshing experience in this day and age of routine commercialism. Yes, we would stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Winnsboro, Texas
Reviewed 14 February 2013

You never know what you are going to get when you go to a B & B. Are they going to be friendly? Am I going to be able to sleep in the antique bed? What about the other people staying in the room next to me? Will this REALLY be a romantic get-away in another person’s house? Well, I am here to tell you what a find we found in this wonderful B & B. I had stayed at another particular B & B in the same town, multiple times, over many years and never felt as welcome as I did at Captains. The owners, Bill and Angie Herlocker were so very gracious! They made us feel as if we were the only guests they had, even though every room was occupied. Bill took the time to provide some home and town history, recommendations for food and who had the best deals in town. Even as gracious as they were as hosts, they respected our privacy and made this a truly romantic trip. (The breakfasts were wonderful by the way.) I cannot thank Bill and Angie enough for making our little 2 day trip so very wonderful. I would recommend this beautiful bed and breakfast to anyone!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Showed up for the motocross in April. Very old house, rooms clean, beds hard, kind of chilly all of the time. Kitchen was a mess and pretty much stayed a mess while we were there. Owners didn't seem too bothered as they watched tv most of the time. Help arrived day two and cleaned up some of the kitchen. Wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't enter through the kitchen. Made me not want to touch anything. Our bedroom rug was covering a soft spot in the floor. Maybe thats where the boogey man comes out at night. You can't hear him because the trains run all night long. Hope you like trains. Am I being too sensitive? For 140 a night each for two rooms I was expecting a little more attention as in pride of ownership. Breakfast was hardy eggs and sausage. Maybe a little fruit and yogurt would be a good idea for those that don't want to eat heavy. Orange juice was offered and my wife and kids said it was good though I kept thinking of that kitchen....that filthy kitchen all cluttered with papers and dusty things....oh well, owners were very nice and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family