“Good food, in short time, in handy surroundings.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diamond B's The Franchise

Ranked #10 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hughes Springs, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, in short time, in handy surroundings.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I love antiquing in Jefferson, Tx. When my friend from Washington came to town, and we need sustenance to continue our hunt, we stopped in at The Franchise for the opportunity of some Cajun cuisine.
With alligator, jambalaya and etteufee, you knew you were close to the bayou. Everyone enjoyed their southern / Cajun lunch and were impressed with the fairness of the pricing. My favorite is the fried oyster poboy served with fresh slaw and French fries. Always a pleaser.

• Visited September 2013

Arlington, Texas
“Good salads”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I visited for a late lunch . My Chef salad and my wife's Caesar salad was excellent. My wife said it was the best Caesar she has ever had. Service was a little slow, but we expect that in this town.

Visited April 2014
Marshall, Texas
“Good food, if you can get it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

There were 9 adults and 2 children in our party, and we had reservations. When we arrived, there were not many diners and they seated us right away. There was one female and one male waitperson, and they were slow to take our drink orders, but friendly and nice. We all placed our orders for drinks and appetizers. The appetizers were served after a while, and then began a very, very long wait. The adults took turns walking outside with the children, and doing other things to pass the time. I'm talking about a very long time. Finally the servers brought the meals out - at least they brought the first four. I couldn't detect a pattern for which dinners got served. At least 15 or 20 minutes went by before any other plates arrived. Of course the first 4 had already finished eating, at our insistence. At last, there were only two left. One of the guests who had ordered a salad before her dinner never got the salad.

The waiters never came back and two of us never received our dinner (in the interest of full disclosure, I was one of those two). After three trips to find and talk with the waiters, it became clear that the two of us were not getting our dinner. I had ordered etouffe,which they had to have prepared in advance (it takes a couple of hours to make, at least). The other person who left hungry had ordered grilled shrimp. My wife also ordered grilled shrimp and it was delicious. There was never a crowd in the restaurant, so that had nothing to do with our not being served.

After a very long time and after tracking her down, the waitress apologized several times but never explained why we two were not served. She deleted the charges for those two meals (as well as the charge for a really lousy glass of cabernet). Overall, the food was quite good, and The Franchise is an interesting place. I don't think I'll be going back, though.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Spring, Texas
“My new favorite restaurant in Jefferson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have been wanting to visit here for a while, and finally got the the chance. It was well worth the visit. We really like the decor, whomever did the updating did an excellent job. The bar looks like it came out of the 1800's , really pretty. We were seated right away, and served promptly. There is a good bit of variety on the menu, but we opted for the special, which was cajun pasta with shrimp. I am from La, so I was going to be picky, and it was excellent. There were gulf shrimp, not the usual Sysco shrimp. It was seasoned well, and enough to split between my wife and I. We also got the fried cheese appetizer, which was not the normal either, it has a variety of cheeses including cheddar, and my favorite, smoked gouda. It came with two dipping sauces also. The only reason I am not giving this place 5* is because the wait staff could have been a little more professional, and that is a minor nit. I will be back here next time I am in Jefferson without a doubt.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rodzilla20
Jefferson, Texas
“Always a good time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I visit as often as I can, the staff always make me feel welcome. Great weekly entertainment and food.