“Charming”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Historic Jefferson Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jefferson
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Was completely satisfied with the hotel. I was not expecting anything fancy. Just like stepping back in time. There was a TV in the room, totally unnecessary ...never turned it on. The bed was very comfortable. However, I would recommend bringing a fan with you. The A/C worked great but I need the air movement. The hotel was conviently located to everything in town.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat J

Reviewed 22 July 2013

After reading some of the reviews here we were prepared a dump in chic's clothing but the truth was that it had charm to spare. Upon our arrival we were told that the room we reserved was without A/C so they gave us a suite (Room 22) for no extra charge. Problem was, the suite was reserved for the next night but the silver lining in the cloud is that we got to choose what room to spend the next night in (there were only two couples booked for the next night at that point so we had the pick of the place). What fun taking a peek inside all of the different rooms that the online pictures do not due justice to. We settled on room 20 as it had two beds, a view of the park and a full shower (the beds were not quite as comfy as the one in room 22, tho). We found the people at the front desk to be VERY friendly and helpful, especially Libby, and the manager, Angela, very accommodating (we were given a discount for the inconvenience). Loved the atmosphere of the hotel and how quiet it was at night - even on a Saturday - and how convenient it was to walk to everything. Only one minor complaint, no hot water in either room. Even with the hot water tap on sans the cold the water could only be called "not quite cold" at best. The upside? Less time in the shower/tub, more time to explore this quaint city!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank antiquebeak
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at the Jefferson the weekend before the 4th of July and stayed in room 17, upstairs. The room was clean and quaint, in period decor. The staff was very friendly and warm. Enjoyed my conversation with the staff about ghostly encounters that have been reported. i didnt see any ghosts but did have a Class A EMF session during my stay. I would recommend the Jefferson Hotel to anyone who enjoys history and who might be interested in a little amateur ghost hunting.

Room Tip: Room 17 has two queen sized beds, so it is great for a girlfriends weekend!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Our stay at the Jefferson Hotel was wonderful. My wife and I were greeted by the owner, and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean. Being that the hotel was built in the mid-1800's, the rooms were tiny and the floors creaked. Not a problem for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the historic aspect of the hotel. We were there for the ghosts, of course, and the staff was more than happy to share their experiences, as well as the experiences they had heard of from previous guests.
If you want to be pampered and have a 5-star upscale experience at this hotel, forget it. What you get at the Historic Jefferson Hotel is a clean room, friendly staff, and, if you're lucky, a ghostly experience you can remember for the rest of your life.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Jbo229
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed two nights on june 25-26 and our room was immaculate. We ate at the restaurant and were seated immidiately. The waitress was supurb. The food was excellent. I have stayed at the Historic Jefferson Hotel many times over the years and have never had one bad experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The building is beautiful, that's why we booked this hotel. - The receptionist did not greet us but just demanded our name and then stated the amount we needed to pay. Note, they charge a down payment when you book, and the remainder on arrival. Even with your credit card on file, they wouldn't wait for payment until departure. And the receptionist made snappish remarks when I said I am not accustomed to such procedure from the other hotels I frequent. - In the room, housekeeping had forgotten to clean the sink, there were plenty of hairs from the previous guest's shaving. And a chair was so historic it almost broke down when you touched it. - At dinnertime, the restaurant would not have a table for us although it was half empty, and stayed so all evening. (We were decently clad, no shorts or flipflops.) After some discussion and deliveration, they would have changed their mind and condescended to have us, but we decided to carry our money elsewhere. - The culmination were the notices they post. Checkout time is 11am; if you miss it, you pay $ 25. But these 25 bucks carry you only until 12 noon, after which they make you pay another night! - We felt not appreciated as paying guests but rather like inmates. Pity that such a great historic building is in such hands!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mbshu
Alicia M, Manager at The Historic Jefferson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

I want to apologize that you were not greeted with politeness and more professionally! I'm sorry that we are not like larger hotels, which allow guest to pay at check-out, our policy of paying at check-in has been in place for more that 15 years. I also, wish you would have brought your room condition to my attention so I could have made your stay more acceptable. We now have policies in place to ensure this does not happen, along with video and audio surveillance and cleaning logs. Please call the hotel and ask for me I would like to know exactly when you stayed so I may investigate this matter further. Again I'm sorry and wish you would give us another chance.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

For four of us, this was our first visit to this piece of Texas history. Beautifully decorated building with lots of antiques and stories of hauntings by a number of different spirits. Upon arrival, however, we found that the hotel has a reputation for being haunted. Read the visitor log upon arrival for a number of "first-hand" experiences with the local ghosts. Much fun!! True or not, I can not say. But it was totally freaky for the ladies who didn't get much sleep, while the guys, on the other hand, had a restful night in very comfortable beds. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the visit to Jefferson which included antique shopping and soaking in the history of the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are well appointed with antique furnishings. If bothered by the hauntings, ask for rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends