“Can't bring myself to stay anywhere else yet!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Historic Jefferson Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jefferson
Reviewed 31 August 2013

i've visited Jefferson twice and both times stayed at the Historic Jefferson Hotel. Awesome, friendly staff and owner! Gorgeous rooms! My first trip I stayed in room 2, just at the top of the creaky stairs. Beautiful, excellent a/c, comfortable bed, good sleep. Couple of "ghostly" encounters in the room but no sightings (who sees ghosts anyway? It's more about "sensing" a presence, right?) The staff was cool with listening to my stories and sending me places to visit that aren't on the beaten path. I love them for making me feel so comfortable as a woman travelling alone. My second visit I was accompanied by a friend. We stayed in Room 17. We were there specifically for a paranormal research night sponsored by The Historic Jeff and Pride House. OMG, so much fun. Relaxed, learned a lot, enjoyed the other guests, got to go in almost all the rooms in the hotel for research so was able to see how gorgeous all the rooms are. I've not laughed that hard in a long time. The owner was in the lobby all night and is a charming guy. He's the perfect owner for a hotel such as this. Stuff happens around you, as advertised, but it's not scary. You see or feel something unusual and just sort of go hmmmmm, that's interesting. Maybe other people experience things differently but I didn't find stuff weird even when I stayed by myself. Highly recommend this place for fun and relaxation. The staff works very hard to make all the guests comfortable.

Room Tip: Look at the room pictures on the internet. They are accurate but the rooms are actually larger than...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We had a wonderful stay here this past weekend! We loved the entire town of Jefferson and this hotel is an excellent representation of its charm. If you are a ghost hunter this location will not disappoint. We stayed in room 6, a room supposedly with little to no activity and still walked away with a good story or two! The food at the restaurant is amazing, the staff is incredibly friendly and the beds surprisingly comfy. Anyone writing a bad review clearly lacks the appreciation of anything historical.

Room Tip: Room 19, the most haunted room apparently, had no haunted activity this past weekend according to th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen L
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Was completely satisfied with the hotel. I was not expecting anything fancy. Just like stepping back in time. There was a TV in the room, totally unnecessary ...never turned it on. The bed was very comfortable. However, I would recommend bringing a fan with you. The A/C worked great but I need the air movement. The hotel was conviently located to everything in town.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat J
Reviewed 22 July 2013

After reading some of the reviews here we were prepared a dump in chic's clothing but the truth was that it had charm to spare. Upon our arrival we were told that the room we reserved was without A/C so they gave us a suite (Room 22) for no extra charge. Problem was, the suite was reserved for the next night but the silver lining in the cloud is that we got to choose what room to spend the next night in (there were only two couples booked for the next night at that point so we had the pick of the place). What fun taking a peek inside all of the different rooms that the online pictures do not due justice to. We settled on room 20 as it had two beds, a view of the park and a full shower (the beds were not quite as comfy as the one in room 22, tho). We found the people at the front desk to be VERY friendly and helpful, especially Libby, and the manager, Angela, very accommodating (we were given a discount for the inconvenience). Loved the atmosphere of the hotel and how quiet it was at night - even on a Saturday - and how convenient it was to walk to everything. Only one minor complaint, no hot water in either room. Even with the hot water tap on sans the cold the water could only be called "not quite cold" at best. The upside? Less time in the shower/tub, more time to explore this quaint city!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank antiquebeak
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at the Jefferson the weekend before the 4th of July and stayed in room 17, upstairs. The room was clean and quaint, in period decor. The staff was very friendly and warm. Enjoyed my conversation with the staff about ghostly encounters that have been reported. i didnt see any ghosts but did have a Class A EMF session during my stay. I would recommend the Jefferson Hotel to anyone who enjoys history and who might be interested in a little amateur ghost hunting.

Room Tip: Room 17 has two queen sized beds, so it is great for a girlfriends weekend!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Our stay at the Jefferson Hotel was wonderful. My wife and I were greeted by the owner, and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean. Being that the hotel was built in the mid-1800's, the rooms were tiny and the floors creaked. Not a problem for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the historic aspect of the hotel. We were there for the ghosts, of course, and the staff was more than happy to share their experiences, as well as the experiences they had heard of from previous guests.
If you want to be pampered and have a 5-star upscale experience at this hotel, forget it. What you get at the Historic Jefferson Hotel is a clean room, friendly staff, and, if you're lucky, a ghostly experience you can remember for the rest of your life.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Jbo229
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed two nights on june 25-26 and our room was immaculate. We ate at the restaurant and were seated immidiately. The waitress was supurb. The food was excellent. I have stayed at the Historic Jefferson Hotel many times over the years and have never had one bad experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lisa B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
0 mi away
Delta Street Inn
Delta Street Inn
#1 of 28 in Jefferson
Benefield House Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Historic Jefferson Hotel? Share your experiences!