“Friendly and tasty!”

Hamburger Store
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Under new owners! It has been completely remodeled and reopened. Come in and see for yourself and give us a try!
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our B&B owners had recommended this restaurant, though we were warned that service can be a little slow at times. Since we were trying to get to our 8pm tour on time, we tried to order things that were quickly made - and we weren't disappointed. I got the frito pie which came out as a "build your own". It was SO good. I only regret that I didn't ask for mustard to put on it, but even so it was tasty. My boyfriend got their classic hot dog which he said was a little greasier than he was expecting but still really good. We got some dirt on some of the locals.. gotta love small towns! Overall, I'd say this is a solid choice.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We visited on a Wednesday evening. The staff was friendly and the food was great! Reasonably priced too. I had the homemade onion rings which more enough for my husband and I both. I also had the grilled cheese with bacon and tomato which was great too. My husband had the quarter pound burger (which is available but not listed on their menu) with home style fries. He enjoyed that as well. Would definitely recommend! We will be back :-)

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We went before and it wasn't the same. The dollar bills that once covered the walls were gone, my kids were so excited to finally see it in person and they were disappointed when we arrived and they were all gone. The fried pickles were okay. I don't like it when I have to order fries in addition to my hamburger or hotdog, I feel that should come with the meal (especially at the prices we paid). All in all, eh. Probably won't go back when we visit Jefferson again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We ate at the Hamburger Store after checking in at the Excelsior House since it was raining and we were hungry. Our server was friendly and attentive but food was slow arriving from the kitchen. My grandson and I both had a patty melt that was extremely dry, tasteless with very little cheese and grilled onions! Burger was large, but over cooked! My wife had a regular burger that was properly cooked thus avoiding a 1 to 2 star rating! Price approach those of a resort town of which Jefferson is not.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

First of all, my rating is based on the meal itself. If you go on a Saturday.. prepare for a very long wait. I have only been on a Saturday, so I can't say how service is on any other days. It's a busy restaurant and it seemed that everyone around us was waiting for their meals (both visits) but, If your tummy and schedule can handle about a 45 minute wait from the time you order.. you will not be disappointed in the burgers. Fresh beef patties & onion rings that are clearly home made... Very tasty meal. The prices are on the steep side, as is most restaurants in Jefferson. It's a tourist town what do you expect?!

1  Thank Suelena