“Delicious Beef Brisket” 5 of 5 bubbles

Riverport Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Aledo, Texas
“Delicious Beef Brisket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Went here after our River boat ride and had some really good BBQ brisket sandwhiches. We are pretty picky about our BBQ but this was really really good. Will go back on our next visit.

Visited June 2014

Carthage, Texas, United States
“Great ribs and tasty barbecue sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The rib plate was delicious! The cole slaw and pinto beans were good, but I really liked the spicy barbecue sauce.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Swamp Fries is a must!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Everything on the menu is fantastic!!! If you want to try something a little different then the swamp fries is a must!!! Fries topped with their fabulous chopped beef, onions, cheese, and jalapeño peppers.

1 Thank Suzanne B
“A Must Try When in Jefferson!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've had BBQ all over Texas (and beyond), and this Texas BBQ rates right up there. My wife and I went in on a Saturday night around 6pm (they said they closed at 7p) and it was pretty dead inside. There was one table of four in the window with another table of two next to them.

It is counter service when you arrive. You walk to the back of the building to the counter with the menu board above (no hostess will seat you). You select what you want, pay, get your drink cups, and then they give you a number and you pick a place to sit. Paper towels, salt and pepper were on the folding tables which were surrounding by the standard metal folding chairs.

I had the sliced brisket, baked beans and slaw. My wife had the pulled pork, slaw and sweet potato fries. In short order, they delivered our meals (on Styrofoam plates) with plastic utensils. We were also brought a warm squeeze bottle of their BBQ sauce.

I slathered by brisket in the sauce - the sauce was good. The brisket was tender and the smoke ring was very discernible. They smoked this meat very well. Love it! The slaw was a little too sweet for me - but I ate most of it. The beans were very hot (oven hot - not spicy hot). I love to get a hot meal, not something that is warm.

My wife's pulled pork was equally delish. I tried a bite of her pulled pork - it WAS good. She liked the slaw the way it was prepared and ate it all. I guess I'm finicky about slaw. Her sweet potato fries were crispy and tasty.

A couple asides - they don't serve any rolls or bread with the meals, they probably shouldn't have a place for "tips" on the credit card receipts since all they do is deliver the meals - no refills or table service and finally, their iced tea *unsweetened" was freshly brewed and fantastic.

So finally - if you come to Jefferson you have to see for yourself how good Riverport is. The prices are moderate, portions are good, and this is what you'd expect for a BBQ joint.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andy A
Arlington, Texas
“Great ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

When I was told that this BBQ restaurant was the best in Jefferson TX, I was thinking "well, it may be good for Jefferson, but I doubt it will impress me, since I've had the best BBQ all over Texas". How wrong I was. They cook some of the best ribs I've ever had. They close at 6, so get there early. You won't be disappointed!

Visited June 2014

Been to Riverport Barbeque? Share your experiences!