“Never waited for a meal this long”
Review of Stillwater Inn

Stillwater Inn
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Jefferson
Price range: US$24 - US$42
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in a 1890's home. White tablecloths and silverplate flatware. Menu changes seasonally with daily specials. Chef owned, since 1984. Casual attire. Men asked to remove their hats before being seated.Fresh seafood, rack of lamb, veal dishes occasionally.
Arlington, Texas
“Never waited for a meal this long”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Visited Stillwater Inn on a Friday night at about 6:30 p.m. after a long drive in from Fort Worth. We noticed when we came in that there were was only one other couple in the restaurant but since I'd read good reviews on Trip Advisor I wasn't too concerned. My husband and I both wanted a Sauvignon Blanc wine with dinner and asked for a wine list. There was only one offered at a per glass rate which I thought was a bit odd but fortunately it was a good wine so that was fine. Our waitress brought us bread right away and took our order and we thought we were set. Boy were we wrong. Initially it was nice just enjoying the evening with a nice glass of wine and some good bread and a quiet dining room, but after a while, you know you just want your dinner! But you wait, and you wait and you wait and your dinner doesn't come. And you gotta wonder, what's taking so long? Especially when nobody else is in the restaurant! After 45 minutes, yes, 45 minutes, I finally got up and asked the manager (because the waitress never bothered to come over and keep us up to date) what was taking so long? She said she'd check and then came over and told us they were plating it right now, which wasn't exactly correct since it took another 10 minutes or so for the food to actually come out. Once the food came out, it was good. But 45 minutes? That's too long folks in my book. The waitress never apologized, the manager never apologized, there was never an adjustment to our bill, no free dessert by way of an apology, nothing. Sorry, that's no way to get me to come back to your restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank crumbledcupmosaics
AggieLonghornDad, Owner at Stillwater Inn, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for choosing to dine with us. The 45 minute duration was a bit long, but everything is cooked to order, and the pork tenderloin takes at least 30 minutes to cook, then it should rest a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. Inasmuch as you did not have an appetizer or salad, I understand the stomach growling. It was my understanding that you were told that there would be a wait while the pork was prepared. I apologize if you were not so advised.
We do include vegetables with the entrees but choice of salad or not, is up to you. I'm glad that you enjoyed the baguette and glass of wine while you waited. I do hope you will try us again as there seemed to be other aspects about the restaurant that you enjoyed. You are welcome to call ahead with your order.

Longview, Texas, United States
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I can remember our first meal here in 1999. We have been back innumerable times. The food is always fabulous, and the drinks match. The service is impeccable. The owners, Bill and Sharon, are the nicest, most friendly people, and as the evening gets late, they frequently wander about to the different tables to visit. It always feels like you're having dinner with your family.

• Visited May 2013
“Amazing”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

This was our second time to visit. This time we brought our teenage daughter and she loved it as much as we do. A real fine dining experience which is hard to find in Eadt Texas. We will never visit Jefferson without a meal at Stillwater Inn.

• Visited July 2013
Tyler, Texas
“Wonderful Evening”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Shrimp Scampi with Lumpmeat Crab was excellent! Ambiance was nice. A little more legroom around sewing machine tables would be nice.

Visited July 2013
antiquebeak
“Anniversary Dinner Perfection”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Based on the reviews here we decided to give the Stillwater Inn a try for our anniversary dinner and I must say the reviews were spot on! We made reservations for Saturday night but decided to go early instead (had a ghost tour to attend) and it seems that reservations weren't necessary. We were immediately greeted and seated in a cozy room with bird themed art (how did they know?!?) and the waiter was prompt to attend to our drinks and appetizers. Our dinners (both fish) were perfection itself and the service constant without being a nuisance. This is the perfect place for any special occasion or when you have a hankering for fine dining. We WILL be back!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Stillwater Inn? Share your experiences!