“Treat Yourself”

Ranked #4 of 27 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Liberty, Texas
“Treat Yourself”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Excellent accomodations, excellent breakfast, and most of all excellent hostess. We stay at the Benefield House at least once a year and sometimes more. The Benefield House remains at the top of our favorite intimate B&Bs for all the above reasons.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My stay in Benefield House was the icing on the cake after spending the day visiting Jefferson's antique shops. The house is beautifully decorated. Full attention is given to every detail. A gourmet breakfast awaits you after a peaceful evening spent in a well appointed suite. You will not want for anything.

Room Tip: There are three suites to choose from. One suite is downstairs for those who would rather not negot...
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Staying here was just about the best experience of my life. A beautiful place inside and out, just like our hostess Donna! It was actually my first B&B and it was way beyond what I thought it would be. It was beautiully decorated and extremely well maintained with everything you can think of to make your stay a memorable one. The breakfast was amazing as well. When we left I felt like I was leaving family! I highly recommend the Benefield House and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had the room decorated with roses, I think it was the Bluebird Room, upstairs. It was breathtaki...
Midlothian, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The Bluebird room at the Benefield was a wonderful retreat from the cares of the world. Elegantly furnished and beautifully appointed, it was definitely an "ahhh" experience! The breakfasts were superb and our dietary needs were cheerfully accommodated.

Room Tip: The Bluebird room is upstairs.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mt. Pleasant, TX
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great host. Super clean and comfortable. We enjoyed visiting with Donna. She engaged us in conversation, but didn't hover. The room was really spacious and bright. We would go back and visit again. Jefferson is like stepping back in time and Benefield House fits right it!

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Donna is a gourmet breakfast chef and the menu changed each of the three days. Donna was friendly and a good conversationalist. She was sympathetic to my brother's plight when he got snowed in on the east coast.

Room Tip: There are three rooms, one downstairs and two upstairs. We stayed upstairs in the Hummingbird room b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dallas
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This place was only average to me. The breakfast was tasty but the hostess was a little too smug - not al all friendly. We never saw her or her husband after we checked in until breakfast. The room was big but the mirror in the bathroom was too low to really use without squatting down. I will not go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
DonnaLang, Owner at Benefield House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
I am so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience here and with me. I won't try make excuses, because that's how you felt, but I am certainly confused. I love being an Innkeeper and love my guests, this is why I do this. I am so very sorry I didn't make you feel as welcome as you were. As for not seeing me, I try to be able to tell how much interaction guests want with me because each couple is different, and I must have read it wrong., for that too I apologize. And in regards to the mirror in your room, within an hour and half of reading your review, I put a full length mirror next to the other. I guess being not even 5'4" I didn't notice it was too low. Well with all this said, bottom line is, I do strive to have the guests have an all around enjoyable and pleasant stay, and I am truly sorry I failed on yours.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
The Excelsior House
The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast
The Steamboat Inn
The Steamboat Inn
#10 of 27 in Jefferson

Been to Benefield House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!