All reviews the cottages the main house bed and breakfast my husband and i california dreaming tuscan sun monterey bay bridal party new owners great owners double shower plan to return beautiful property every morning b b's definitely stay here again a wonderful stay
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is our favorite place to stay when going to Jefferson. We book it a year out to assure we are close to town but away from the trains that run right thru town at some of the other B&B’s. Owners make us feel welcome, and the food is great!

Room tip: Room off the back porch is great, plus some of us stay in the cottages. cant go wrong.
Date of stay: October 2013
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This is a little delayed, but wanted to let you know I gave this B & B another chance as I do love the cottages... The cottage was very nice, very clean and comfortable. The owner made more effort on this trip and was very hospitable and nice. We brought another couple with us who stayed in another nearby cottage, and they seemed to enjoy it as well. My only complaints on this round continue to be the trains (but again, there is nothing they can do about that) and the breakfast is to early. People staying at a B & B usually like to sleep in a tad in the morning.. but other than that it was very pleasant. Christmas time is a great time to go as the whole town is decorated and beautiful.

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank HuskerWife
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We recently made a trip to Jefferson and stayed at the Old Mulberry Inn, What a wonderful surprise when we entered the house. The house is so beautiful much more impressive than one would think when first driving up. We booked the California Dream'n room and it is just as gorgeous as it had looked on line which is not always the case. We were greeted and offered wine and snacks and shown the dining room where we had a wonderful breakfast the following 2 days. We would have preferred a 9:00 o'clock sitting but haven't missed many meals so we made sure we made the appointed time of 830. It was worth the effort both mornings a great meal including dessert. I think our favorite part of the house was the back porch and swing. We closed out both days in the swing petting a tailless resident cat. The Inn keepers are just hands on enough for us we like a little bit of attention on too much so this was just perfect for us. My husband did say he would have like some fresh baked cookies but we still give the Old
Mulberry Inn a giant thumbs up and highly recommend it. Oh almost forgot magnificent bed linens and I am a linen snob.

Room tip: loved California Dream'n but all were good
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank tellersdogs
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful mid-week visit with friends at this beautiful bed and breakfast. All rooms were lovely and the owner was very accommodating. There was complimentary coffee, water and wine in the common area when we arrived. The beds were very comfortable and everything was super clean. My favorite part was the huge porch in back, where we enjoyed looking out over the lawn and listening to the birds. There were only a couple of very slight negatives. Most of the time, B&B's have top of the line toiletries and theirs were not. The breakfast was tasty, but very ordinary. Otherwise, this was a very, very enjoyable place to stay and I would definitely stay there again.

Room tip: My opinion - the best room was California Dreamin'. All have claw-foot bathtubs, except English Garden, which only has a shower.
Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Old Mulberry Inn 3 times and have enjoyed each stay so much. We have been there at different times of the year and each time was most enjoyable. The Inn is so comfortable and inviting to just hang around either inside by the fireplace, the swing on the porch or out by the flower beds. We always look forward to breakfast. The food is great. We have slept in 2 different rooms and have gotten a good nights rest each time. Both Teresa and Annette have been very friendly and very helpful when we inquired about things to do in Jefferson. We are looking forward to our next stay.

Date of stay: July 2010