“Updated room”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Jefferson
Cleveland, Texas
“Updated room”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

There is only one hotel in Jefferson so you don't have a choice unless you want to stay in a Bed and Breakfast. The staff was nice, they offered a hot breakfast, the room had a microwave and refrigerator but no hair dryer. Our room had brand new carpet, bedspread, and the tub had been refinished. The room was very clean. One thing that still needs updated are the faded heat/AC controls. The words are completely worn off and you have to guess at the temperature and control setting of the unit. Other guests said at breakfast that they did not have hot water but my room had more than we needed. The only annoyance that Jefferson has is the train that runs through town very frequently, blowing it's horn. If you keep your AC fan blowing it will drown out part of the noise. Overall I was very impressed with our updated and clean room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank loves2laugh29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is the only hotel in town worth the money! Breakfast was great! Beds were cozy! Young girl in the lobby was very helpful wwith information about the town. very nice stay for a large family. rooms were decent. breakfast in weekend is a full hot bfast with eggs bacon sausage biscuts ang gravy! Will stay again!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank tammycl
Nederland, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel many years ago with no trouble at all. Upon arrival we were greeted with a very pleasant young lady who was very helpful, but the nightmare began once we got into our room. This hotel is really a motel and has a 3 star rating. I suppose on a scale of 1-100, that would be accurate. The room has not been updated since it was built. There are holes in the walls, the shower/tub is literally splitting at the seams and there is black mold growing in the gap. The tub dripped all night. The toilet ran all night. I had to kill flies in the room before going to sleep. The refrigerator did not work. There was a full size coffee pot, but the coffee provided is ONE CUP coffee packets. Trying to improvise I used a cup of water and the one cup packet, which would have worked if the water would have dripped into the carafe, however it did not. At 9 am the owners began knocking on the door with a key. When we told them we were not ready to leave yet, they kept returning. I mistakenly thought check out was noon (which is an honest mistake since it is the most common check out time) and at 11:00 the owner returned to knock on the door incessantly with the key, until I was forced to answer the door in my night clothes. I cracked the door open to have a brief one sided conversation with him asking for 15 mins so that we could at least get our clothes on to leave. Since he did not speak English it was difficult to convey my request. Two minutes after he left the door, the phone rang and the English speaking owner began to demand that I vacate the room immediately as they had the room rented. Check in time is 3 pm. I told her that I was in my gown and asked if she would at least allow us to get dressed. She was very rude but agreed to allow us 15 more minutes in the room. When I brought the keys to the front desk, she was unbelievably rude to me and then accused me of arguing with her when I was only trying to explain that I had mistakenly thought the check out was later and that it was unnecessary to knock on the door with the key intermittently for 2 hours. I will NEVER stay at this place again and if you are a wise traveler you will not either. I am a frequent traveler and I have to chalk this one up as one of my top 2 worst hotel stays, EVER.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Jefferson hotels

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The room was basically clean and the breakfast was OK. The room had an odor which smelled like a spray was used of some kind. There was little or no assistance from management. I could not get on the Internet via Wi-Fi and called at 8:30 PM and called again and again with no answer. The next morning the same thing. I finally went to the front desk and there was a sign that said if I wanted assistance, to call a phone #. Instead, I rang the bell and finally got some assistance. Probably would not stay there again despite the low rate. Trains ran day and night which was somewhat of a problem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel was filthy. Mold / mildew in bathroom. My socks were black after walking on carpet. There is no maid service to speak of and staff is less than helpful. We will go back to Jefferson, but won't be staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the 2013 Boo Rally for burn victims. The rooms were clean and had microwave, fridge, coffee pot it was a pleasant surprise, Room smelled very clean (maybe a little too much FaBreeze). It's close to downtown, easy in, easy out as it sits right on Highway 59. My only complaint is, if you don't like trains this might not be your place as freight trains run all day and night blowing horns, tracks are located just across the hiway. Staff was very friendly at check-in. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank 79SteveO
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2013

was I ever surprised to find an actual coffee pot--microwave---refrigerator in the room!!!----curtains nice & thick---bathroom nice & clean---sofa in the room---an actual WORKING alarm clock, which I have found hard to come by!!!!!
I found this to be very quiet and peaceful which allowed me to prepare my notes and paperwork for my presentation that I would be conducting for our organization. A number of our members stayed here and we received a group rate which was really great.
Front desk EXTREMELY helpful in providing guests information where to eat. When I am on assignment, I do not have time to go out to eat, therefore having appliances in the room is important for me so that I can pop something into the microwave.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Lucila G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
The Excelsior House
Delta Street Inn
#1 of 28 in Jefferson
Benefield House Bed & Breakfast
White Oak Manor Bed and Breakfast

Been to Inn of Jefferson? Share your experiences!