“another night away from home” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Junction

Motel 6 Junction
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Junction
Austin, Texas
“another night away from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

had a great stay in this motel 6. rooms were big, clean, quite even at a truck stop. Water was really hot, bed was quite comfy.McDonald's was across the street, a great BBQ next door and 2 gas stations..

Room Tip: Call early for a room..
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Odessa, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Given that Motel 6 has lower room rates than competitors, other than the internet speed this Motel 6 was excellent. I stayed in one room that had a king size bed, sofa, microwave, and refrigerator. The room had a hardwood floor. The wireless internet was available at no extra charge (at other Motel 6's the internet costs an extra $3 or $4).

I brought my own food for the room. I'm glad I also had a Redbox movie on DVD to watch, since the wi-fi was not fast enough for Netflix. I did not have any problems checking my email and reading the news.

Robert J.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean, good size room. The microwave and mini refrigerator is a nice bonus. The staff was very friendly. There are restaurants and fast food close by. Plenty of room to walk the dogs if they don't mind weeds!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

When I stay in Junction, I usually stay at the no frills Hills Motel. But I was taking my granddaughter for a quick visit and decided to get a hotel with an indoor pool. Very small pool it was - the sign said limit 10 people...hummm. The hot tub was not working, so there was caution tape around it for safety reasons. No big deal, just wanted to swim a little with my granddaughter. The guy checking people in was nice and he remembered we were swimming and realized there were no towels in the pool area.

The room was OK. The sign on the back of the door said the room was $99/night - uh, no I don't think so. I paid $72 (tax included) and thought that was a decent price for what we got. The room was clean, the king-size bed was ok. There was a fridge and microwave, a couch, table and chairs. I did especially like the laminate floors, it just felt cleaner than carpet. I don't think they offer any sort of breakfast in the morning. But that was OK with me.

Room Tip: This is a 2-story hotel with no elevator. I got the sense that you have to book early to get a bott...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Carson City, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Crossing Texas by motorcycle found me in Junction late and needing a bed. I pulled into here and was greeted by the clerk though felt like he was just interested in getting me checked in and done.

The parking lot was dimly lit and mostly full so found a secure spot for my bike against the stairwell. The room was clean with a surprising little living room separate from the bed area. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked well for the warm, humid night. The little was large enough for my two Camelbacks and kept the water cold over night.

Not a long stay but an inexpensive stop when I needed one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
DeLeon TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We were very impressed with this room! As soon as we walked in the door we were struck with the sight & smell of cleanliness! The floors were a laminate flooring instead of yucky carpet you find in most motels. We will book here next time we are in Junction.

• Stayed April 2014
el paso
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I was in line and felt unwelcomed by the front desk. I paid and got my key and as I'm walking to our room I see 2 different rooms with doors open men drinking and smell of smoke. One guy just stared at me and saw me walk into my room alone and I just wanted to run.

I proceeded to inspect the room since we had a bad experience with bed bugs 2 nights before, needless to say I could immediately tell I needed to run out. Carpet stains, smell of mold and mildew, checked the mattresses and they had stains.

With nervousness I immediately came back front desk and asked for a refund. They offered a different room but I kindly rejected. I left and took my business to best western and had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2014