“Great food in.Junction”

Isaacks Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Junction
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Texas Monthly top Texas Cafe
San Antonio, Texas
“Great food in.Junction”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We knew the food was going to be good when we walked in on a Wednesday afternoon at 5 p.m. and the place was full of locals! There was only one waitress, but she handled the whole room with ease. Out food was great. Try the chicken fried steak. The salad bar comes with the meal. Just good home cooking. We will go back.

1 Thank Phil R

Arizona
“Good food - great eggs!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stopped here for breakfast following a stay at the Legends Inn / America's Best Value Inn. The service was average, but friendly. Their breakfast was very good (biscuits & gravy with scrambled eggs and hashbrowns). I'm not a huge egg person, but those were the best scrambled eggs I've had in forever.

The atmosphere is perfect for a laid-back Texas town - people smile and they're friendly. We'll definitely stop here on the way back home and try them out for dinner.

Visited June 2014
Aransas Pass, Texas
“TX Monthly: "One of 40 Best Small Town Cafes" - Really?”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

That TX Monthly review must have been a while ago. I wasn't too impressed. First the good: the waitress was good and came by frequently to ensure I had what I needed. The pork chops were nicely browned and seasoned well. The tea was good. The price was reasonable. Now the bad: the salad was pretty wilted and the salad bar (an old bathtub filled with ice) was a mess. There was salad, dressing, croutons, crumbs, etc. strewn everywhere. Someone should have been keeping the mess cleaned up. Not very appetizing. The bleu cheese dressing ladle was in the ranch container. The fried squash was gross. Tasted like cardboard stuffed with mushy, icky tasting stuff. Yuk. I ate only the pork chops. And now for the ugly: this cafe was dirty. Looked like it hadn't had a good cleaning in many years. My knife had food dried on it. The table was sticky and I had something stuck on my pants when I left. That was my first and last meal at Isaacks.

Texas
“Sorry we stopped.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Ordered the chicken salad sandwich and it tasted bland. My husband ordered the chicken fried steak, his statement " the chicken fried steak at the DQ is a better quality and value." The salad bar was minimum. The best items we received was the ice tea and water. Maybe if we had been in the sun all day on the river and were worn out it would have been better.

1 Thank WestTex_girl
Nevada
“Small Town Surprise!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Sunday morning brunch, was excellent and Hot. Good Service, Good Food, reasonable prices, what more can you ask for. We will return this winter. Junction is just a friendly, laid back, uncrowded little town with all the necessary conveniences. Kerrville is just down the Interstate at 80mph and takes less time to get there than it does to drive 10 miles in the metropolitan DC area. A trip to DC, makes us miss Junction and it's quaint restaurants and friendliness.

• Visited April 2014