“Great Value for the $$$”

Rodeway Inn Junction
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Junction
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Nestles right in front of a major chain hotel is this smaller, newly renovated motel. The outside and pool area are unremarkable but adequate. The newly renovated rooms are nicely decorated, spacious, and has great air conditioning considering the 100+ temps. The beds, although new, are a little too firm. The breakfast had eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage, waffles, etc. It was much better than the standard hotel breakfast. The coffee impressed me because they had coffee mate flavored creamer showing me they are going the extra mile for customer satisfaction. The waffles were made out of vanilla malt mix and were fabulous. We got a great $ on the room by booking thru the hotel and not online. This is the 3rd stay and is my go-to in Junction!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank diaperchanger01
pmcrazy, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you! Thank you! Your review made our team's day, especially Geneva that works in breakfast. She is a jewel and tries to please each and every customer who comes in "her breakfast" room. LOL! We are all so happy you had a great stay with us and continue to stay with us. I will share your review with our team. Thank you again so much and please let me personally make your reservation for you next time....contact me at 325-446-4588 or email me at pmcrazy@ymail.com. Thank you again so much, Donna Wilkerson

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful friendly people. Wonderful room, bed , pillows - and oh yes- great FULL breakfast. One of the best places I've ever stayed with a very friendly atmosphere. Great economical value for traveling retires.
If I head this way again we are stopping here

Stayed: June 2014
pmcrazy, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Wow!! I can not say thank you enough for all the nice things you said about us! We are so proud we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable. This is our goal with every guest that stays with us. Please if you are ever this way again call me at 325-446-4588 or email me at pmcrazy@ymail.com and I will personally make your reservation. Thanks again, Donna Wilkerson G.M.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We chose this motel for an overnight stop from Amarillo to Rockport. We thought it was a pretty good stop until we saw big roaches in the bathroom. When I mentioned that at check-out, the clerk were beetles that came in because of recent rains and that the exterminator was there “yesterday.”

Overall, though, the beds were decent and room otherwise clean. It was basic and the room had a small refrigerator. The best feature is that it was just off Interstate 20 for easy access and it was surprisingly quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
pmcrazy, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

I am so sorry you had to deal with the beetles. Yes, we do fight them after a rain. We do have a local exterminator come on a regular basis to help us fight them. We are in a drought, so we were blessed to have gotten some rain even if it did bring in the beetles. Like I said, I am so sorry you had to "meet" them. I am glad overall you had a good experience staying with us and hope you will give us another try. Please let me personally assist you in making your reservation by calling me at 325-446-4588 or email me at pmcrazy@ymail.com. We do appreciate your business and take every survey as a way to improve. Thank you, Donna Wilkerson G.M.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Driving through Texas and needed a place to stop overnight, this was a great place. The rooms were very clean and nice size. Breakfast in the morning was terrific with make your own Texas waffles. The price was great too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda G
pmcrazy, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! Our team will be pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes, everyone enjoys the Texas shaped waffles. It is fun to see the children ask their parents, "Now where on here are we?" Thank you again! If you are ever this way again, please feel free to contact me at pmcrazy@ymail.com or call me at 325-446-4588 and I will personally assist you in making your reservations.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

There's nothing fancy about this hotel, but it was clean, convenient, comfortable, and very reasonably priced. And it was also dog-friendly (for a reasonable fee of $10). The breakfast offerings were generous--my husband had eggs and sausage, and I had cereal and a muffin. There was plenty of hot coffee and also some fresh fruit. I would recommend it for travelers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
pmcrazy, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you soooo much for all the nice things you said about us! We love pleasing our guest! I am glad you and your wife enjoyed our breakfast too. I will pass all your wonderful comments on to my staff. If you are ever this way again, please call me (325-446-4588) or email me (pmcrazy@ymail.com) and let me personally take your reservation. Thank you again! Donna Wilkerson G.M.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a nice basic accommodation with very friendly staff and a good breakfast. Very convenient stop in a long barren stretch of west Texas. Breakfast was above the normal fare. I also think the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Watch out for long stay workers who like to visit outside late in the evenings
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
pmcrazy, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you so much for all the compliments!!!! I am so happy you enjoyed our breakfast! We try and make every guest enjoy their stay with us! Thank you again, and if you are this way again, please email me gm.tx982@choicehotels.com or call me at 325-446-4588 and I would be glad to personally assist you in making your reservation. You have a blessed day, Donna Wilkerson

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have often stopped for the night in Junction, and this is the closest property to I-10. Until last year it was a cheap, OK stop. After reading the recent reviews, I decided to try it again. The Choice Hotel people, had stripped out the interiors and renovated everything with very familiar furniture and equipment. The new air-conditioner has a constant run setting for the fan, providing an excellent white-noise barrier from the parking lot. Junction itself is a great town the park along the river is a great place to relax after a long day of driving. The downfall was breakfast, there is now a nice breakfast room, but the food was poor. I have never hated Oatmeal, until today. The Juices said Sunkist but tasted more like those orange drinks sold for 77 cents in a gallon jug. The cooked food(eggs and sausage) were standard fare, hard to screw up. If you don't do breakfast stay here, it's great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin B
pmcrazy, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you so very much for staying with us. I am very sorry you did not enjoy breakfast. We offer a huge variety from doughnuts, muffins, cinnamon rolls, 3 types of toast, bagels, 3 types of cereal, Danish, fresh fruit, 6 varieties of oatmeal, scrambled eggs, sausage, tortillas, waffles, buttered grits, hot chocolate, hot tea, coffee with three flavors of creamer, biscuits and gravy, two types of milk, two types of juice, four flavors of yogurt, two flavors of cream cheese, peanut butter, three flavors of jelly, etc. I am open to any suggestions you have to improve that list. Thank you again for staying with us. If you are ever this way again, please let me personally help you. You can email me at pmcrazy@ymail.com or call me at 325-446-4588. Thank you again, Donna