“The correct name is RIVER BEND RESTAURANT”
Review of Riverbend

Riverbend
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Karnack
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Arlington, Texas
“The correct name is RIVER BEND RESTAURANT”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had reservations for a group of 12. It can be a little expensive, but you get a lot of food with the entree (cole slaw, hush puppies, and beans). With the Gator Eggs appetizer, an iced tea, a wine margarita, and two 2-catfish fillet dinners, the total for 2 was $47.87, including a 16% gratuity. Be careful driving to their remote location - there can be large pot holes in a couple sections of the road. Most of the parking area is dirt, so your vehicle will get dusty. The food is average to a little above average, depending on what you order, but I've never had anything besides fried catfish. Some catfish strips were a little tough along the edges while other strips were perfectly tender. Everything tasted good. The wait staff consists of young ladies, which are pleasant and friendly. We were lucky to have a waitress named Brianna. She was outstanding! As a matter of fact, she impressed me so much that I gave her a Trip Advisor "Excellent Service" pin. Go for the location and the view, but don't expect too much of the food.

• Visited June 2014

Rosemount, Minnesota
“Blackened Catfish....mmmm, scrum-dittly-umptious”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Patio seating, overlooking beautiful Caddo Lake with delicious southern comfort foods. My kinda night! Riverbend is out in the middle of nowhere, but well worth the effort of finding it. The restaurant has a very southern establishment feel to it. A very well appointed facility with a casual yet high end feel to it. The huge outdoor screened in patio looked to have a larger seating area than the inside and was cooled by eight large wooden palm style ceiling fans. The staff was ultra friendly from the hostess to our server, as well as the servers working the sections near us. I got the house specialty, blackened catfish with crawfish creole served over rice with steamed veggies. Since they allow for substitutions, I opted for the baked sweet potato. For starters, the serve complimentary beans, hush puppies and coleslaw prior to the mean. I am not a fan of coleslaw, so I passed there. The hush puppies looked delicious , but were a bit bland. The beans were out of this world with the perfect amount of spiciness. But the standout was the carfish. Perfectly cajun seasoned and cooked (I believe broiled) to perfection. It had fabolous flavor and was so moist and flaky. It melted in my mouth.The rice it was served with was uneventful. The sweet potato was nearly as big as a football. It was served with a honey/cinamon butter and it was to die for. This was one heck of a south dinner. One of the best on our trip.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jake B
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great food, location and service. Make sure to sit on the balcony and try the blackened catfish. Loved it!

• Visited May 2014
Arlington, Texas
“Lake View”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Everyone in nearby Jefferson recommended this restaurant (and warned us about another one down the road). My wife and I arrived 20 minutes before closing on a Saturday evening. We were greeted at the door by one of their managers - great guy, very friendly. I believe that the hush puppies and the fried catfish were left over from before we arrived. Neither was hot and fresh tasting - the catfish was thin and tough to cut. Maybe they didn't want to re-heat the fryer and cook more fish just for us, so I'll reserve my final judgement until a return visit in early June. The cream cheese stuffed jalepeno appetizer was good. They are called Gator Eggs, but don't order them if you're a Yankee and can't tolerate the spiciness. The beans were excellent and the coleslaw above average. The waitress was friendly, courteous, and provided good service.

• Visited April 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Best hush puppies/ beans/ cole slaw ever!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Onion rings and fried shrimp were delicious but the jalapeño hush puppies served with cole slaw and beans were out of this world good. We'll definitely be back next time we visit Caddo Lake.

• Visited February 2014