“worst wifi ever”

Motel 6 Houston - Katy
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Katy
“worst wifi ever”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I had to pay $2.99 for a 24hrs wifi but this didnt work at all! the signal was to poor!!! had to be close to the door to find some signal...by the other hand the room was clean enough to spend a good time there and personal was kind. If you dont need wifi do not waste your money and try to make your stay as good as can be ;)

Stayed August 2014
nick P, General Manager at Motel 6 Houston - Katy, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
I do apologize for the inter net issues we are working with on fix these issues which we just found that the room you were in had a refrigerator that was producing the same frequency as the Wi-Fi causing interferences.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am honestly shocked that how little love this Motel 6 gets in the reviews. I found the place to be very nicely renovated, everything was sparkling, and the staff was very friendly and able. While it is true that available amenities are a bit spartan, that's true with every Motel 6 anyways. The only thing that the negative reviews have gotten right, it seems, is the iffy wifi. I will definitely come back here if I need a place to stay for a few nights around here.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank h27kim
I really appreciate your honesty and your review, please come and say hello yo us.
Ames, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

The title says it all. Can't beat the price for Katy. Sure the hotel isn't as crisp as others, but it's clean and the staff is friendly. Wifi doesn't work most of the time for the 6 days I've been here. Plan on using a datacard or your phone if you need internet.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Micah T
Wi-Fi issues have been fixed and we are going thorough each room to make sure they work in each individual rooms as we found some issues yesterday
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I am in the Motel 6, in Katy, Texas. I was charged more at this motel than any other I have gone to throughout the nation. Room rates are around sixty nine dollars a night. I have a corporate discount, however, so I get a little break. I have a Smart Phone, IPad Mini and a laptop. I am a truck driver and needed internet, since being on the road so much. I was told that they have internet. They do not, none of my devices connect, and the woman who checked me in still claims that they do and it is working. She couldn't connect my laptop though. She connected my IPad Mini long enough to get back to my room.
Finally, at eleven a new shift comes in and there are now four people at the desk, all telling me that the internet works. I was informed, however, that the Password wasn't "apple," as I was told ten times, bit it is "apple002." Next, I was told sometimes "apple" works, sometimes "apple002" works. Well, I still don't have internet, the young man desk clerk, who acted as if he knew everything couldn't connect, but what is so frustrating, is that they all still claim that it is my Smart Phone, my Tablet, and my laptop, that are in error.
The man on one side of his face is steadfastly purporting that it is my devices that are at fault, because "no one else is complaining." But then he tells me that they "sometimes have issues with their router." So, three or four times, I ask him, "Well, then what are you saying, it is my devices or your router?" He still gives me the same two answers, that it has to be me, but "yes, they might be having issues with their router." Then, finally, he tells me with a big grin, "that perhaps it is the router, they will call a repair guy in the morning, thanks for informing them."
Well, if you like motels with smart alec, ignorant employees, who don't give a rat's behind about your needs, who use deception and lies to purchase your business, then this is the place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank hs_ap2014
Durham, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

After going to two hotel's that were booked up, i went to the motel 6 knowing they had a bad review i had to check in. the front desk clerk ( John ) was very helpful,the room he gave me was on the first floor where i just knew i would'nt get any sleep for the noise, but i was wrong, I slept very well. the next morning i was awaken by the smell of fresh coffee in the lobby. I ended up stay three days more than plan. They are trying to make you as comfortable as they can. I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tariq13
our renovation is now complete, thx
Katy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed here for awhile...they are doing renovation now, which hopefully will make things better. But overall, the Wi-Fi never works, the tv doesn't get all the channels, half of those that do are static. Having changed rooms a couple times, the keys are problematic, the showers (no tubs) are either too sluggish or too cold. Roaches have been a problem, but I have to admit that if you report it, maintenance is there spraying the same day. A/C-Heat is unable to go on auto, so is constantly running. Honestly the staff is very nice, most are helpful but there are a few that have their kids running around behind the desk, so that's not very professional.

• Stayed November 2013
nick P, Manager at Motel 6 Houston - Katy, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
I do appreciate your honesty, yes we have had our fair share off issues. the roach issues are now fully resolved. we replace all the TV's in the room with flat 32", replacing all the air condition by mid February 2014, new beds, new floors new linens.
I will personally look into the shower issues you mentioned about hot and cold I was not aware of it
Silicon Valley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Motel 6 is starting to renovate this old Holiday Inn Express, but in the meantime it is still the same run-down old 1980's-vintage Holiday Inn Express with the same old ramshackle furnishings. My room had a broken air conditioner fascia and ripped desk chair and a hutch thing in the closet area that wobbled like a drunk, all clearly 80's vintage. And for that I paid only $10 less than I would have paid at the Comfort Inn next door. Next stay will be next door, thank you very much.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
yes it is a old holiday inn express and it is going through a major renovation, new wood floors, beds, furniture, chairs, drapes, breakfast area. New air conditioners. not sure what else you may need done, building was built in 1995 just like all the hotel near us. for an extra $20 please try them and I sure you would appreciate what we have done in comparison. you could try the Hampton inn next door for over $120 a night only to get a bed and a fancy shampoo..