This is the first time I've stayed at a Candlewood Suites and I was very impressed. I booked them because of their price and their location. $70/night for a studio with a full kitchen and king-sized bed is a great price, and they are close to everything in Katy, located right off of Fry Road, just north of the Katy Freeway. The room was spotless, spacious and very quiet, the bed was extremely comfortable. A very nice big screen TV with a DVD player, and free DVDs at the front desk. The kitchen was nicely equipped, though we didn't use much beyond a few plates, the microwave and the coffee maker and there's a nice area out to the side of the building with BBQ grills and utensils you can check out from the front desk. The building looks to be very new.
Since this is an extended stay type hotel, there is no daily maid service (service every 4 days if you stay that long), or you could always exchange your linens at the front desk whenever you wanted to.
I appreciated that they had a computer with a printer for no charge in the lobby. There's no restaurant, but there is a little store with many basics or you could walk next door to the grocery store. You are within minutes of tons of restaurants on Fry Road, also.
The only thing I can complain about is that for the first two days of our stay it took the shower a really long time to warm up and never got really hot. By the third day, however, they seemed to have fixed the problems and hot water was in abundance.
Overall, it was a great stay and I think I've found a new favorite hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended Stay Hotel in Katy, TX Offers Prime Location Welcome to the Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10. This new Katy, Texas hotel is conveniently located off I-10 and is a half-hour from Houston, so you have easy access to local businesses and attractions. Our convenient Katy, Texas hotel location allows you to take a day trip to Houston or enjoy any of the various area attractions, which include the Forbidden Gardens, George Bush Park, Katy Mills Mall and the Berry Center, an arena with over 8,000 seats that hosts various events throughout the year. Other popular southern Texas attractions include the Compaq Center, Memorial Park, the Downtown Aquarium, Sam Houston Race Park and the Galleria Mall, all less than 25 miles from our Katy hotel. Business travelers will enjoy staying at our new extended stay hotel in Katy, TX because of its close proximity to area businesses. Mustang Engineering, Exxon Mobil, Conoco Phillips, Park Ten Business Park, BP Exploration and Shell Oil are all within five miles of our hotel. Additionally, we offer a 24-hour Business Center and an on-site meeting room. You will enjoy cozy accommodations at our new Katy, Texas extended stay hotel. Our fabulous amenities include a 24-hour convenience store, a Fitness Center and complimentary laundry facilities. Book your southern Texas hotel reservations now at our Katy Candlewood suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Houston Park Row Hotel Katy
- Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10 Katy, Texas