“Surpurb value and quality”

Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Katy
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I generally try to steer clear of extended stay type propertys that offer kitchenetts etc. because you are likely to follow a group who burned and ate three square meals a day within the confines of the room for the past couple weeks, so when this property accepted my low ball "name your own price" priceline offer I cringed a bit.

However, I could not have been more surprised or more pleased with what my low ball offer got me. This is an excellant facility and a surpurb value. Granted it is a newer property but the comfort, cleanliness and quality of the rooms rival some 4 star hotels I have stayed at and combined with an office staff that goes out of their way to insure all of your needs are taken care of makes this property a hidden gem in my book.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2011

A newer Candlewood, with all the bells and whistles we have come to enjoy with this chain. Plus, we found it “on sale” for only 5000 Priority Club points! Great service, and close to lots of shopping and restaurants. Not too far from I-10.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2011

This is the first time I've stayed at a Candlewood Suites and I was very impressed. I booked them because of their price and their location. $70/night for a studio with a full kitchen and king-sized bed is a great price, and they are close to everything in Katy, located right off of Fry Road, just north of the Katy Freeway. The room was spotless, spacious and very quiet, the bed was extremely comfortable. A very nice big screen TV with a DVD player, and free DVDs at the front desk. The kitchen was nicely equipped, though we didn't use much beyond a few plates, the microwave and the coffee maker and there's a nice area out to the side of the building with BBQ grills and utensils you can check out from the front desk. The building looks to be very new.

Since this is an extended stay type hotel, there is no daily maid service (service every 4 days if you stay that long), or you could always exchange your linens at the front desk whenever you wanted to.

I appreciated that they had a computer with a printer for no charge in the lobby. There's no restaurant, but there is a little store with many basics or you could walk next door to the grocery store. You are within minutes of tons of restaurants on Fry Road, also.

The only thing I can complain about is that for the first two days of our stay it took the shower a really long time to warm up and never got really hot. By the third day, however, they seemed to have fixed the problems and hot water was in abundance.

Overall, it was a great stay and I think I've found a new favorite hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We had a group booking at this hotel that the staff could not have managed to mess up more. The service was abysmal. They lost bookings, didn't have the right number of beds available, didn't confirm airport shuttles when asked, and tried to separate families from children in order squeeze people in. Worse, they told us on the arrival day that they were an extended stay hotel so couldn't guarantee rooms, however they had taken the bookings (and money) in the first place. Shame, Candlewood, shame.

• Stayed: October 2010
5  Thank sdukyfg
Reviewed 23 December 2010

We've been here two weeks now and plan on being here another week. The rooms are really nice, clean and modern. The staff at the front desk (especially Heather) are very friendly, helpful and make you feel like family. Cleaning staff are very nice and do a wonderful job cleaning the rooms. The exercise room, grilling area, snack room are really nice. USA newspaper everyday is a nice touch. Comfortable beds, good pillows and nice sheets.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nako51
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This had to be the best candlewood suites I have ever stayed in. The service from the time I made my reservations to any changes I had was unbelieveable. I made reservations for myself and close to 7 other rooms for my family as we were staying there for my brother's wedding and they all loved it. The front desk staff is awesome and helpful, as they should be, but you always hear about the front desk staff that did something bad. I think it is time to recognize those that do their job to the best of their abilities and satisfy what people expect from them. Great Job Candlewood Suites. It is in a great location as well restaurants and shopping are near by and in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Basketball1
Reviewed 22 September 2010

We were a little worried since the hotel only had 2 stars, but we were pleasantly surprised in every department. Heather at the check in desk was friendly and efficient, and called us about 15 minutes after we checked in to make sure our room was to our satisfaction. Hotel is new and very clean. Room had lots of space, we didn't need the kitchen area for our one night stay but it would be nice for longer stays. I am a clean freak and I felt right at home in the room including the bedding and the bathroom. We will DEFINITELY stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple