“Very nice, good value!”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Katy
Houston, Texas
“Very nice, good value!”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I rented a 1 bedroom for my daughter, her husband & 2 toddlers here. I am so impressed with this place; the room I chose was called a 1 bedroom & included a closed off master bedroom & in the "living room" a pull-out sofa bed, flat screen tv & DVD player, very nice kitchen & room for a baby bed. They have a 24-hour vending room with lots of snacks and a nice fitness center. From the outside, it looks very plain, but is so nice on the inside. Very, very quiet, gives you a real sense of security here. I paid an average of about $106 per night - great value. Nice staff. *There is a question below about a pool, honestly, don't know, it was a Christmas visit & so cold, we didn't even check for a pool!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were relocating & need an extended stay until we secured our permanent house. We book for an initial 1 week for 2 adults & 2 elementary children, a room with 2 queen size beds and a cooker/ microwave. We thought that let's stay here & if not good, we will move. As it turns out, we are very happy with it. We are at the far end of the wing of the property. Except for the occasional noise from the exit door for people to go out & smoke, there're no major noise. It was quite & the room is clean. We ended up stayed for 3 weeks until we secured our house.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank adiwsusanto
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband stayed in the are for work for four months. Beautiful place. The room was very clean. The beds and pillows we're very comfortble and the AC worked like a charm! Walmart and Kroger less than a block a way. A beautiful walking trail right next door. The parking lot is very well lit. It sits off the main road so no traffic noise. Apartment complex in adjacent property but seems nice. Nice area. Has Direct TV with ALL the channels of home including HBO and Max. Room has electric stovetop , regular sized microwave, 5 cup coffee pot, toaster ovens available to rent but bringing your own is accepted and cheaper. Plenty of space. He didn't stay in the Suite but the maid was nice enough to let us look. Very spacious. Seperate living room, large kitchen and table, big bathroom and bedroom was big too with flat screen TVs in both rooms. I would definitely recommend staying here overnight or for an extended time.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank cakelayd
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Candlewood suites hotel in Katy, TX is by far one of the best hotels I've have the privilege of staying at. The hotel staff is very hospitable and makes me feel very welcome. Each time I stay at this hotel (mainly for business purposes) my experience is more and more rewarding. I appreciate the hotel staff and I highly recommend this hotel as the "home away from home" place to stay! Thank you and keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Frederick T
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I called the hotel on today June 30, 2013 @ 2pm to obtain rates and availability. I will have family members here tonight due to a family emergency. The customer service representative was very rude and short. I received the rates but before I could any further details about the property she hung up on me. That's very rude! Even though your property is very close to my home I will be referring my family members to another hotel. Thanks for a horrible first impression. Staff needs to be taught telephone etiquette. The rep didn't even ask if I wanted to make reservations.

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Newerabuttafly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Dear Newerabuttafly,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience.

I am sorry to hear that the service you received was less than satisfactory. Our goal has always been to provide the highest level of customer care through a seamless reservation system and we deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is worst experience I ever had in my life, and am paying still for it. My laptop, documents including passport,visa, Degree certs, credit cards, jewellery etc., were stolen from my hotel room, when I was out to work. They don't even have floor level cameras. So there is no clue who stole my items from the room and how they got access to.. !!! There is no safety for your stay that, any body has access to any room anytime. So this hotel doesn't have the basic amenity, of feeling secured. But, the hotel manager was courteous to give ride for 2 days to nearby post office/Banks.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KOGN
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Dear KOGN,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Ok this was this first hotel I stayed at in Texas last week! Pros.. Friendly guest services, safe parking, no bugs, full kitchen with fridge, stove top & microwave with popcorn & bowl, free DVD rentals, close to malls, I-10, grocery store & restaurants. As long as you have a car you can hop on I-10 & get anywhere. Cons... I did not like whatever cleaning solution was used because it left a bad odor but as soon as I reported it the manager quickly responded & took care of me & my concerns! And customer service means the world to
Me so yes I would stay here again if ever in the Katy area
No breakfast but ihop & Denny's are close