“Mediocre”

Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Katy
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have written over 150 reviews and take providing feedback seriously. I hope you find my review helpful.
This hotel is an extended-stay property, meaning they only take care of your room once a week. There is no breakfast option, except a small market with pre-packaged foods. The beds were not comfortable. The rooms were stuffy, even with the AC on in March. The ice maker in both our rooms didn't work, and even though we notified them on day 1, by day 6, nothing had been done.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank stevetanyaTexas
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear stevetanyaTexas,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Your comments about the AC unit and the ice maker have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have started making regular trips to Katy to visit family -- this was my third trip since Nov. 2013 each being about four nights. The last two times I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express (right around the corner.) For me, I like the Candlewood Suites slightly better. I like the option of the kitchenette (stovetop, microwave, and full sized refrigerator) as I like cooking my own breakfast instead of the breakfast buffet. I also prefer the privacy of no housekeeping. The parking lot is well-lit. I also like the walking trail right next door. I did not bring my dog this trip, but scoped out the options for that and it seems ideal. This also has a lot of amenities for the longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank erbele
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I rented a 1 bedroom for my daughter, her husband & 2 toddlers here. I am so impressed with this place; the room I chose was called a 1 bedroom & included a closed off master bedroom & in the "living room" a pull-out sofa bed, flat screen tv & DVD player, very nice kitchen & room for a baby bed. They have a 24-hour vending room with lots of snacks and a nice fitness center. From the outside, it looks very plain, but is so nice on the inside. Very, very quiet, gives you a real sense of security here. I paid an average of about $106 per night - great value. Nice staff. *There is a question below about a pool, honestly, don't know, it was a Christmas visit & so cold, we didn't even check for a pool!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We were relocating & need an extended stay until we secured our permanent house. We book for an initial 1 week for 2 adults & 2 elementary children, a room with 2 queen size beds and a cooker/ microwave. We thought that let's stay here & if not good, we will move. As it turns out, we are very happy with it. We are at the far end of the wing of the property. Except for the occasional noise from the exit door for people to go out & smoke, there're no major noise. It was quite & the room is clean. We ended up stayed for 3 weeks until we secured our house.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank adiwsusanto
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband stayed in the are for work for four months. Beautiful place. The room was very clean. The beds and pillows we're very comfortble and the AC worked like a charm! Walmart and Kroger less than a block a way. A beautiful walking trail right next door. The parking lot is very well lit. It sits off the main road so no traffic noise. Apartment complex in adjacent property but seems nice. Nice area. Has Direct TV with ALL the channels of home including HBO and Max. Room has electric stovetop , regular sized microwave, 5 cup coffee pot, toaster ovens available to rent but bringing your own is accepted and cheaper. Plenty of space. He didn't stay in the Suite but the maid was nice enough to let us look. Very spacious. Seperate living room, large kitchen and table, big bathroom and bedroom was big too with flat screen TVs in both rooms. I would definitely recommend staying here overnight or for an extended time.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank cakelayd
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The Candlewood suites hotel in Katy, TX is by far one of the best hotels I've have the privilege of staying at. The hotel staff is very hospitable and makes me feel very welcome. Each time I stay at this hotel (mainly for business purposes) my experience is more and more rewarding. I appreciate the hotel staff and I highly recommend this hotel as the "home away from home" place to stay! Thank you and keep up the good work!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Frederick T
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I called the hotel on today June 30, 2013 @ 2pm to obtain rates and availability. I will have family members here tonight due to a family emergency. The customer service representative was very rude and short. I received the rates but before I could any further details about the property she hung up on me. That's very rude! Even though your property is very close to my home I will be referring my family members to another hotel. Thanks for a horrible first impression. Staff needs to be taught telephone etiquette. The rep didn't even ask if I wanted to make reservations.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Newerabuttafly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston Park 10, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Dear Newerabuttafly,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience.

I am sorry to hear that the service you received was less than satisfactory. Our goal has always been to provide the highest level of customer care through a seamless reservation system and we deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Dhan M