“Excellent stop right off Rt 10”

Comfort Inn & Suites West
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Katy
Douglas, Georgia
“Excellent stop right off Rt 10”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed one night in the Comfort Inn & Suites West as we were in Katy for a family wedding. The rooms were very nice, seemed new in fact. Bed was very comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. I recommended this to our family for their next wedding coming up in February for reserving a block of rooms for out of town guests. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Elaine L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Was traveling in Texas. We decided to stay at this Comfort Inn because it was convenient to Interstate 10W in Katy. If you like being able to check your email, browse the internet, etc. with your electronic device then don't stay here. We had a room middle way down the hall from the reception desk. We were unable to get access to the WI FI in the room during our stay. We had to go down the hall to the reception area and sit there to use the Internet. The manager told us they knew it was a problem with the rooms further down the hall from us but they didn't know our room was affected. He offered to change our room but we had already unpacked our luggage/cooler and didn't like the inconvenience of repacking and moving. Also, the shower tile had obvious mold in the grout. Not a good experience for us. We were disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mefohiker
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed one night while passing through on I-10. Hotel looked okay at first, but the tiled bathtub/shower wall had moldy grout. We could not get any WiFi service in our room and had to go sit in the lobby to check email. Desk clerk said the problem was our hardware, an Apple iPad 2 and an iPod Touch. Strange that neither have had a problem at any other hotel before. His only comment was, "Sorry about that. We've had complaints about that before."

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during the OTC convention. I had a great stay, the rooms are nice and clean, breakfast was a plus. The hotel staff was great. I do recommend this hotel 100% and look forward to coming back next year for the OTC and this will be my place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Brandi538
Bartonville, Texas
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I stayed 2 nights at the Comfort Inn & Suites while attending a horse show at the Great Southwest Equestrian Center, The hotel is conveniently located to the equestrian center as well as numerous restaurants. Unfortunately, its location is the hotel's best feature. I've stayed at a number of Comfort Inns, and this location was perhaps the worst! The room was smaller than most Comfort Inns I have stayed at, and while the carpet was fairly new, it appeared cheap. The furniture in the room was also cheap looking and flimsy. The TV wasn't a flat screen and the screen was relatively small, plus the TV didn't rotate. The rooms weren't well insulated, I could hear doors shutting down the hall throughout the night. Most disturbing, I found a bug on the bedding.

Breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn fare. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Lynchburg, VA
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed one night at the Comfort Inn-West in Katy on our cross-country vacation with our two young children and had a very positive experience.

The hotel was easy to access from I-10. The lobby was attractive, and the decor of the room was very updated and pleasant. No matter what type of hotel we are staying in, I always wipe down surfaces with Clorox wipes and thoroughly check sheets and mattresses as soon as we arrive. I found the Comfort Inn-West to be very clean and the beds were comfortable as well. The shower pressure was good, Internet worked well, and the complimentary breakfast was located in a pleasant dining area off of the lobby. The dining area was very clean and the selection was good--the waffles were even shaped like Texas, which my kids loved! Breakfast was served till 10, and checkout was at 12. There were washing machines available for guests, too.

My only complaint about our room is that we had a non-smoking room but it had a residual cigarette smoke smell.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank CrossCountry90
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My husband and I (along with four friends) had the opportunity to stay in this hotel during the National Senior Games competition in Houston/Katy in mid June 2011. The location was excellent for us, as his competitions were located in Katy and Fulshear; meanwhile, it was a very easy drive into downtown Houston and the museum district for me. Our room was clean and comfortable and had free high-speed wireless Internet access. The continental breakfast was good, with numerous selections. Those reasons alone would be enough for me to stay there again. The real clincher, though, is the staff. Everyone we me while we were there was knowledgeable, friendly, courteous. Customer service is top notch.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family