“Nice Rooms, But...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Katy
Reviewed 22 March 2013

The internet is billed as "high-speed" wireless. It is so slow. It takes forever to load a page. Also, we called ahead and specifically said our kids love to swim so it is important that they have a pool that is operational. We were told they did. When we got there, we found out the pool is open but not heated. It was way too cold to swim in. This made them seem deceitful. These two things made our stay just average On a positive note, they do have a good free breakfast and their rooms are clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear DL C,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the internet speed and the pool confusion. We will look into these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Very clean, staff very friendly. I came in w/o a reservation, and they were very accomodating.

Small breakfast buffet, I didn't get a chance to try it since I had leftover food from the night before.

Overall, would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
hiexs6633, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

thanks for your review please come again let us know how we can better accomadte you hope with a bigger breakfast bar.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The hotel's location is easy to find, just off of the highway. The room was expensive for what we received - with a AAA rate and PC Gold standing, we paid $125/night. The bathroom had a huge plastered-over hole in the wall that was left unpainted - tacky. The breakfast did not offer any type of fruit, not even an apple. I would not hurry back to this location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear gumbygirl1,

We appreciate your feedback of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are sorry for not being able to meet your expectations on this day particularly with the condition of the bathroom facility, breakfast served and room rates received. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Once again, thank you for posting your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I'm stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Katy, Tx. And I was the victim of a moral insult from Mr. Jim Hernandez (Guest Services & Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Katy TX.);

They made ​​extra charges to my credit card (around $300 usd) and after calling for clarification I was accused of stealing sheets. I've never stolen anything and therefore call the hotel several times and contact them, but nobody believed me.

Where is the presumption of innocence? As you may treat the client as well?.

In the hotel were very rude and ironically I was asked to return the sheets, as I return something I never had?

I expected a letter of apology and reimbursement of unjustified charges made ​​to my credit but the ladies from IHG Guest Relations did not help.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Good value hotel with plenty of dining options nearby. And it is less than a 10 minute drive to Katy Mills Mall. The front counter staff was helpful, and everything was neat and clean. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a decent rate, and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I am a Katy resident who was looking for a room with a Jacuzzi. I was looking for a place to get away from all the stress of home and work for the wknd and just by chance I walked in with no reservations and asked the front desk who was very helpful. I just figured it was just another hotel but to my surprise not only was the room Wonderful but so relaxing soft beds clean rooms great service and some of the best eating places in Katy all surrounding the hotel. Great detail all the way down to the plugs in the walls and Not having to move furniture all over to plug anything up! When my family comes to town I will put them up in one of the rooms. Well worth the price!

Kudos Katy!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My daughter and I just stayed there during one of her softball tournaments. The hotel was nice & clean! The breakfast was good, and the staff were all friendly. Our room was nice, so I would stay there again! Also, hotel is close to several great restaurants -- which was nice too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family