“Nice option on the west side of Houston”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Katy
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice option on the west side of Houston”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I would have liked to have given a 5, because the staff was friendly, property was clean and well maintained and breakfast was the typical Express options. But the "business center" was a waste of square footage and equipment. Yes, I put it in quotes because it shouldn't be called a business center at it's present state. Out of date, slow computers and a non-working printer does nothing to allow business to be done. Other than that, it was a great stay with LOTS of dining options within walking distance or a very short drive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Went to Katy for a business trip and stayed 4 nights at this hotel.
Best experience ever. I was received by the pm receptionist who had a huge smile in her face and was just so happy to help me. This was great since I had been at airports for 12 hrs with 2 delayed flights.
Room was so comfy & clean.
Breakfast was always hot and looked organized.
Gym with towels/water.
Business center with printer working.
In my stay I received a bunch of personal packages by mail. Front desk ladies had everything ready when I arrived.
Really no complaints...this hotel is just great :)

Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Dora at the front desk is intelligent, efficient, and friendly. If I owned a hotel, she'd be the first one I'd hire. Thanks, Management, for hiring and training great people like Dora. The rooms are recently remodeled and look great.

Room Tip: The rooms and bathroom have been recently re-done and look great. The beds, linens, furniture, TV...
Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. It is a clean little hotel with friendly staff. Saturday morning breakfast was outstanding for this level hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is right off of Interstate 10, and we had a room on the side away from the interstate. It...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Inverurie
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Not realising it was OTC week I didn't understand why none of my usual choices were available! Ended up here and it was a quite reasonable stay, good staff and breakfast, noisy air conditioner and even though the firm pillows were too soft it didn't spoil the stay. Good location for food with various choices at hand, you can even walk to them if you're eccentric or British.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 19 March 2014

As a frequent traveler I try and book directly with the hotel, especially since I stay at the same locations several times a year. I travel 5 days a week and I am a IHG Rewards member.

I called this afternoon and spoke with "Kim" who transferred me to the 800# for reservations. Now if I had wanted to call reservations I would have! When I called back, he told me that they didn't really take reservations at the front desk.

Kim if you are the owner, you might want to review your business practices. If this is one of your employees, you might want to do the same.

Really surprised.....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tracey H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
We at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to all of our guests. So I sincerely apologize for the problems you had making a reservation. We are always "tweaking" ways to better service our in house guests, and our guests on the phone. Your comments are important to us, and they have been forwarded to our management team.
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have stayed here for 4 nights once in November and once in December. Both stays were comfortable -- the rooms clean, well appointed, and mostly quiet. I did not eat at the breakfast buffet -- I generally prefer not to. The coffee at the buffet was okay. My only complaint was that the last stay the energetic cleaning crew threw away the TSA approved plastic bag for my liquids and gels. When I called down to the front desk to see if they had a replacement, the front desk staff had no idea what I was talking about and asked if a laundry bag would do. No, only a quart sized zip closure bag works. I had time to stop at the store, but if I was heading straight to the airport it would have been a problem. A little training is in order! Otherwise, the stay was just fine.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Tracey H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review of hotel. We are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping staff for training purposes. We invite you to stay with us again, so we can show you the exceptional service we provide at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Katy Texas.