We were at the hotel for a very quick overnight event in Cypress and this location was great. Right on I-10 and very easy on/off the freeway. Also, at this same exit there are MANY different eating places with just about every type of food you could want from Tex-Mex, to BBQ, Asian, Steak & Shake, and Country Cookin'. Most are chains, but good for famlies traveling.
The hotel had a strange odor when we walked into the lobby. It must have been bad if the two teenagers with me also noticed. It was kind of a cross between smoke and something that had been left "wet" for too long. Just kind of an old, moldy smell. It wasn't terrible, but certainly noticable. However, the lobby and breakfast/common areas were nice and seemed to have been recently remodeled. The person at reception was pleasant and welciming, but gave us keys for the wrong room and once we got up to our room we had to go back down and get correct keys.
The room was clean and seemed to have all the usual accoutrements. Linens and towels were good and the A/C worked extremely well. We were on the front of the hotel and did not hear much traffic noise nor noise from inside the hotel.
Breakfast was the standard HIEx items but everything was full and had many varieties of each item...several kinds of yogurt, several cereals, and 2-3 hot items. The server in this area was very friendly and kept the tables clean when guests would leave. My only complaint was that the coffee was really bad. I am not a coffee snob (well not much of one) but this was like warm water. I had to stop and get something better as soon as we got on the road.
Not sure I would stay here again, simply due to the smell. But, the experience was average. No big problems or concerns.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to One of the Best Hotels in Katy, TexasBecause we're in West Houston, our hotel's location brings guests close to the fun of the big city while avoiding the crowded atmosphere. The Holiday Inn Express® Hotel & Suites Katy is convenient for every traveler since it's right off I-10.Our hotel's business-minded guests are always pleased by the great location and facilities. If you need to host an event, our large, dividable meeting room is ideal, and the Business Center and free high-speed, wired and Wi-Fi access make it easy to polish your presentation before the big meeting. Since we're on the west side of Houston, our hotel's guests are just six miles from the Energy Corridor with CITGO, BP, Shell, BAE Systems. DNV, Academy Offices and others.There's so much to discover and do near Katy with our location along I-10. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Katy
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy Texas