“Typical for Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Katy
Austin, Texas
“Typical for Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were at the hotel for a very quick overnight event in Cypress and this location was great. Right on I-10 and very easy on/off the freeway. Also, at this same exit there are MANY different eating places with just about every type of food you could want from Tex-Mex, to BBQ, Asian, Steak & Shake, and Country Cookin'. Most are chains, but good for famlies traveling.

The hotel had a strange odor when we walked into the lobby. It must have been bad if the two teenagers with me also noticed. It was kind of a cross between smoke and something that had been left "wet" for too long. Just kind of an old, moldy smell. It wasn't terrible, but certainly noticable. However, the lobby and breakfast/common areas were nice and seemed to have been recently remodeled. The person at reception was pleasant and welciming, but gave us keys for the wrong room and once we got up to our room we had to go back down and get correct keys.

The room was clean and seemed to have all the usual accoutrements. Linens and towels were good and the A/C worked extremely well. We were on the front of the hotel and did not hear much traffic noise nor noise from inside the hotel.

Breakfast was the standard HIEx items but everything was full and had many varieties of each item...several kinds of yogurt, several cereals, and 2-3 hot items. The server in this area was very friendly and kept the tables clean when guests would leave. My only complaint was that the coffee was really bad. I am not a coffee snob (well not much of one) but this was like warm water. I had to stop and get something better as soon as we got on the road.

Not sure I would stay here again, simply due to the smell. But, the experience was average. No big problems or concerns.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
hiexs6633, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your response regarding your experience during your recent stay. We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. It's our goal to make sure you, our guest leave with a great experience, and we apologize we fail this instance. I will review all matters, and make sure we target any problem areas. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to make this up to you on your next visit.
J Hernandez
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wimberley, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We are here for 5 days for an equestrian training clinic... This is the CLEANEST/NICEST/BEST staffed hotel in this area!! We are here, every month for events at the local equestrian facility... We had never stayed here before, BUT, I promise we always will from this point, forward! Thank you for finally providing a great place in the area to stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
hiexs6633, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Katy, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for your review. We LOVE to hear this. I will definitely be waiting for you.. See you next time.
J Hernandez
GM
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I would have liked to have given a 5, because the staff was friendly, property was clean and well maintained and breakfast was the typical Express options. But the "business center" was a waste of square footage and equipment. Yes, I put it in quotes because it shouldn't be called a business center at it's present state. Out of date, slow computers and a non-working printer does nothing to allow business to be done. Other than that, it was a great stay with LOTS of dining options within walking distance or a very short drive.

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Went to Katy for a business trip and stayed 4 nights at this hotel.
Best experience ever. I was received by the pm receptionist who had a huge smile in her face and was just so happy to help me. This was great since I had been at airports for 12 hrs with 2 delayed flights.
Room was so comfy & clean.
Breakfast was always hot and looked organized.
Gym with towels/water.
Business center with printer working.
In my stay I received a bunch of personal packages by mail. Front desk ladies had everything ready when I arrived.
Really no complaints...this hotel is just great :)

Troy, Michigan
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Dora at the front desk is intelligent, efficient, and friendly. If I owned a hotel, she'd be the first one I'd hire. Thanks, Management, for hiring and training great people like Dora. The rooms are recently remodeled and look great.

Room Tip: The rooms and bathroom have been recently re-done and look great. The beds, linens, furniture, TV...
Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. It is a clean little hotel with friendly staff. Saturday morning breakfast was outstanding for this level hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is right off of Interstate 10, and we had a room on the side away from the interstate. It...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Inverurie
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Not realising it was OTC week I didn't understand why none of my usual choices were available! Ended up here and it was a quite reasonable stay, good staff and breakfast, noisy air conditioner and even though the firm pillows were too soft it didn't spoil the stay. Good location for food with various choices at hand, you can even walk to them if you're eccentric or British.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business