“Very Clean”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Katy
Texas
“Very Clean”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Stayed here for one night. Very clean, the room was nice and the bathroom was spotless, which is a must for me. Staff was friendly and called once we were in the room to see if everything was ok, I like that, no Hotel has ever checked on me. The price was very good too. Decided at the last minute to grab breakfast there, very nice free buffet, with eggs and waffles.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

This is our second time staying here. Both times were very nice. Clean rooms, friendly staff, good location. The breakfast was pretty standard - nothing special. The entry to the hotel/parking lot is a little awkward but not a real problem.
We had a king suite - it had a separate sitting area, large tv, very comfortable bed.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stay here nearly every time we go to Houston area. It is the cleanest, most comfortable,friendliest, best run place we have ever stayed, and the price is not bad either. Breakfast is very good and the dining room is huge. Rooms are very large,beds very comfortable, 42" flat screen is nice, has extra towels and location is very easy to get to. Desk people are helpful and very friendly. This place is a good example of how a hotel should be run. Congrats to the owner and staff for a job well done! Look forward to staying there many more times.

Room Tip: All are good.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I recently had to visit my son and stay for 4 nights. This hotel is Very nice. Beautiful room, Fridge, Microwave. Bathroom was very nice. BUT.....the rooms are not very sound proof. Two of the nights, we had people in the room above us, you could here them walking from one end of their room to the other. THEN the real kicker was the doors.....all four nights.....people that were coming and going would let their doors slam behind them.....I could not get to sleep until after 11:30 each night. I had to be at my sons by 5 am....that made for a very stressful stay. I would recommend the hotel put some sort of door mechanism that would slow the doors down just before they latch. Other than the noise....it was a very nice, very well priced hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Yvonne S
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Beautiful big and open rooms. Very clean and great smell in the air. The staff is friendly and efficient. The free breakfast was tasty...biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Austin, TX / Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I was in town for a work conference and spent one night in this hotel, but I wish it were more. It was so relaxing and comfortable. Just like my other reviews, let me break it down by my experience. I've attached pictures as well.

Arrival: There is plenty of parking in front and to the right of the hotel. The front desk gentleman greeted me and immediately looked up my reservation. I gave him my ID and a credit card for incidentals (although my room was prepaid by my company). He handed me my room key and I was off to my room. The arrival was quick and easy, just how it should be.

Room 307: The room decor is modern and comfortable. The room size was perfect. The bathroom was normal sized. There was a small sitting area that contained a couch (which was also a sleeper), a sitting chair, and a coffee table. The desk had a ethernet cord you can plug your laptop into. If you want to use your wifi, just open your internet page and it will automatically bring you to the Comfort Suites welcome page in which you have to click on "Agree" to activate the wifi. You will need to do this for your phone too. It also contains two usb plugs to charge your phone, etc.. The tv was 42" and a very nice size. However, you have to swivel it in whatever direction, if you want to watch it while laying in bed or in the sitting room. The bed is very comfortable. Down comforter, 5 pillows, and the bed was perfectly firm. Although there is a wall unit (for the A/C or heater) next to the bed, the thermostat is in the sitting room. There is a cabinet in which there is a microwave and a fridge. The fridge did not have the normal dial to where you can adjust the cooling settings, which was a little annoying since the bottle of water & soda I put in the fridge at night, was semi-cold in the morning. So don't expect the fridge to keep anything super cool. The view outside my room was the dock area in the back of Walmart. Great hotel, bad location. The only thing I found a little annoying about that, was that I could hear the delivery semi-trucks arriving and parking throughout the night. But again, I was in town for a conference, not for vacation. I didn't mind it too much and it's not like I was looking for a view. My curtains were closed the entire time.

Vending Machines: According to the directory, each floor has an ice machine and a vending machine. Wrong. Each floor has an ice machine, but the only vending machine is on the first floor and it's on the very end of the right side of the hotel. So if you want a cold drink and you're on floors 2 or 3, you will be either taking the elevator or the stairs. And it's on the side of the lower number rooms. I was 307, so it was on that side of the hotel.

Continental Breakfast: Just like any other Comfort Suites, you get a free breakfast. This breakfast is the usual continental fare. Instant scrambled eggs, bacon, waffle maker, choice of cereals, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice.

Customer Service: I just wanted to say that they provided me with excellent customer service. Unfortunately I forgot to pack my toothbrush, so I called the front desk at 6am and asked if they had any. The front desk representative said that they do, but they have no one to deliver it. I said no problem I will come get it. Before I could throw on some clothes, there was a knock on my door and the guy had a toothbrush and toothpaste for me. I tried to tip him and he would not accept it. I thought this was awesome! It was nice to see the front desk person go out of their way, especially so early in the morning. I'm kinda wondering if he was the manager as well....

All and all, I would definitely stay here. DO NOT get this place confused with the not-as-nice Comfort "Inn" on the same street. I would definitely come back to this hotel and definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 307 was really nice, but the window faces the back of a Walmart delivery dock. Not a big deal u...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SinCityJenn
Bridge City, Texas
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Extremely clean and neat hotel. I booked this room for my girl's three day weekend shopping trip and was very pleased. My friends are pretty picky and they were impressed. Beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious. We had a couch that made into an extra bed. The breakfast was fantastic! Close to Katy Mills Mall and shopping at Cinco Ranch. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends