“Food good, service....odd”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The food here is good. Not outstanding, but good. The service though.... Trying to make reservations, the person on the other end of the line was confused when I gave a range of times (7:30, 8:00). When we showed up for our 8:00 reservation, we still had to wait fifteen minutes for our table. Then, a couple seated after us received basic service ("Would you like something to drink before dinner?") a full twenty minutes before us. When we could finally get a waiter's attention--with the help of the couple next to us, things did improve. Still, will probably not be going back.

1  Thank Tedster1

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

If you did not know about this charming spot, you would miss it. Da Vinchi's is a cozy restaurant and a reservation is important. They have the freshest seafood in Katy. The food is simply amazing! The wait staff clearly loves food and their jobs. It is such a romantic spot. I absolutely love love love this place!

3  Thank Kellykeys1
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We've eaten here a few times when we have been in town visiting family. this time the reservations were difficult because the girl just didn't seem too bright and we had a hard time getting across to her that we wanted reservation at 8:00 on Wednesday night. We arrived at 8:00 and waited for 15 minutes for our table, not too bad. When we were finally seated another couple who were regulars got seated shortly after us and they were helped before we were. In fact, if the customer hadn't pointed out that we had received no help, we'd probably still be sitting there. I had the halibut and it was quite good. Once we were noticed the service improved and the food was good.

1  Thank Glenda R
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I had heard about this place but decided to try it out ourselves on one of our date nights without the kids. We were wowed from the beginning. It started with our server describing the specials (all 20), continued through our fresh handmade entrees and ended with an over the top dessert. We started with the crab cake appetizer, which actually had calamari and other seafood in it. It was delicious. My wife ordered the snapper and I had the Osso Bucco. Both entrees were tasty with generous portions. We finished our dinner off with chocolate mousse and creme brûlée. Everything was on point and the servers were knowledgable and friendly. I can see why this place is ranked number 1 in Katy.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Wow! I see why this was the #1 restaurant in Katy! Great atmosphere, service, and food! It is a romantic restaurant - very small, and I felt like I was in Italy. I went alone, but I felt like I had 4 dates - the waiters were phenomenal! The dish that I had - Pappardelle Aragosto - was one of the best seafood pastas that I have ever had! I will definitely be back!

1  Thank NCtoTX