“Need to clean your own room?”

Super 8 Houston West Katy
Super 8 Houston West Katy
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Katy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Upon renting a room here, I was denied a refund after less than 10 minutes, the owner/manager was the rudest woman I've ever had the displeasure of encountering. I will be disputing the charges, as I never once stepped foot in the room. I was very displeased with how I was treated, and I will never stay, or encourage anyone to stay in this place.
All I could do was laugh at this lady, because she was obviously mad at life.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Springtown, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I had been on the road working for 15 hours, just to hit rush hour. Stopped here without time to check Tripadvisor, big mistake. $99 and for what, no continental that I saw ,but coffee, lady was short and seemed aggravated (may do better in her native homeland) Parking if you drive a sub-compact. Very SMALL property.

The room appeared clean, carpet was newer and bed was good, had 3 decent pillows. Internet was ok. I have stayed in brand new Super8's for less than this one and will never be back here, though I'm in Houston frequently.

Save some money and try the Motel 6 next door, has much better reviews for half the price. Or go a few more miles and get your monies worth for $100.

If they lowered the price to $65 and replaced the "staff" (not likely, it is a Patel ownership) it would be a decent deal....less any real breakfast.

I did notice most the "great" reviews here are by onetime users, so consider that, seems suspect to me.

Room Tip: Keep looking
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The front office was incompetent and seemed as though they did not know what they were doing. The check in process took over 25 minutes, the front lobby was decorated with tacky décor, breakfast area had only one table with two chairs. The parking lot was crawling with a sketchy crowd. When I received my key I was instructed to go to a room that someone else was already checked in to. I was mortified to find out that there were "services" going on in this room. As a female traveling by myself I did not feel safe at all, in fact I was extremely frightened! I went back and demanded my money back and refused to stay at this establishment. I would love to give you a review of the inside of the room, but I didn't even get that far. Went across the street to a different hotel where I was treated with great respect.

Room Tip: Go next door to the Mariott, they were AMAZING!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business