“A Katy favorite”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2012

If you go to the Hwy 90 Katy location, you must have the Fish Cancun. Absolutely delicious. Nice wait staff, very casual environment. $1 margaritas on MOnday!

Reviewed 9 May 2012

We love Los Cucos in Old Katy...very dependable, food always comes out good, reasonably priced! Good waiters and manager is friendly!

1  Thank Amylou05
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Wife and I came here for dinner, hwy 90 location and got right in. Good service, yummy chips and salsa. I ordered the fried Stuffed Avacado, holy crap, it was ssssoooo good. Looking forward to going again and trying something else on my cheat day of my diet.

Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Everything I have tried is amazing! The chips and salsa are tremendous!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Allot of folks like this chain but I have never been able to figure out why, I'm sure it must have something to do with the cheap prices, but cheap prices are only a good thing when you recieve a good experience in return. I have eaten at several of their locations over the years and have never found it to be a bit better than average and usually below that as was the case with this Katy Mills location.

A friend invited me here for lunch while I was in town, and while I wasn't thrilled with the resturaunt choice I was at least hopeing that this particular location being the chain's origional one would be better than the average Los Cuco's as most people who like it say it is...

It certinly did not meet those expectations as I honestly found it to be the worst one I had been to starting with lousy service and ending with lousy food.

First of all our waiter could not speak English which is extreamly annoying if you need to communicate something special about your order, I am sure he had the menu memorized and would probably be ok as long as you ordered by number, or pointed at your selection, but sometimes people need a little more communication than that.

I have no problem at all with a non English speaking person working in any field, but not in a position where regular communication with a predominantly English only speaking public is required...shouldn't happen... Nuf said.

The food was also lousy, very bland and over cooked, just barely palatable enough to not bother with the time consuming hassle of sending it back. ( the only reason I gave a 2 star "poor" rating rather than 1 star "terrible" rating)

Even though I was the one who was invited to this lunch and therefore the non paying guest, I still wish I would have spoken up and suggested somewhere else, because neither of us enjoyed our meal.

This IS Texas after all and there are dozens of places to get great Tex Mex within a 10 mile radius of this glorified taco bell. Never Again..