“Disappointment with a side disappointment”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #394 of 557 Restaurants in Katy
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Houston
“Disappointment with a side disappointment”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

We weren't asked if we wanted to be sat in the bar. We both ordered filets. One was 1/2" thick and 6" around and the other a proper filet shape. The first bar waiter said it looked like a sirloin but then when I explained I ordered a filet it was " oh, on a medium, the weights smash it down." Then the manager insisted it was due to their filets all being hand cut. One waitress called me "Baby" and one just pointed and grunted at my tea glass to get me to hand it over for refilling. If you want a "steakhouse," I would try somewhere else.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bintheloop

Katy, Texas
“Call Ahead Seating?”
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

We took the children to outback steakhouse on Friday night. Before we got in the car to leave at 6:03 pm we called ahead for a 6:15 arrival. When we arrived, the manager whispered to the seating lady to give us a buzzer. We sat down and watched person after person whom had arrived before and after us get seated. My husband got up after about 30 minutes –and asked the manager when it was our turn. He explained we had called ahead. The lady said I'm sure we'll be seating you next. Three more groups were taken back and finally we were given a booth. The service was good the food Only so so. I had the mixed grill. It was very over cooked.
We were disappointed because we waited for forty five minutes. We finally got our food at 7:30 pm. Needless to say, our 4, 7, and 9 year olds were starving by then.

3 Thank JoAnnis30
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Only so-so”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I have been to many an Outback, This one didn't do any thing for me.
One steak had to send a steak back so they could finish cooking it. Probably below average for Outback Steakhouse.

Visited August 2012
Katy, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only open for Dinner...... :-(”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Tried to go to this restaurant, but not able to. They are only open after 4:00pm. I wanted to eat lunch, but they were not open.

Visited May 2012
Houston, Texas
“Okay food--kind of generic and corporate”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Okay food--kind of generic and corporate. Not really Australian--they don't serve real australian food like Aussie Meat pies or Vegemite. It's essentially TGI Friday's with a preten Australian accent. It doesn't have much personality--you don't feel any connection to the owner or the food--more of a chain store feel.
However the food is okay, not too crowded and not too expensive. I probably wouldn't bring a date here or expect to try something unusual but it's not that bad either

Visited December 2011