“Disappointing...”

SpringHill Suites Houston Katy Mills
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Katy
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was not impressed with this hotel AT ALL! One night I used an in-room blanket provided by the hotel, then left it sitting on my suitcase in hopes that, as I've come to expect at most hotels, the staff would fold and put it back in the closet. It stayed on my suitcase for three days. I finally left it on the floor to see what would happen. When I returned to my room, it was folded all right, but left on my bed. 2) There was one night when my friend and I, sleeping in separate beds, started complaining about itching. It felt like something was biting. She actually got out of bed to make sure there was nothing in the sheets. 3) We noticed something on the floor that was there for at least two days. I thought they vacuumed everyday? 4) The final straw? I turned a knob to switch the light on and felt something sticky on the knob. It looked like a booger but it appeared someone had chewed gum or something and left it there. I was so skeeved, I couldn't wait to check out... DO NOT STAY THERE!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeeAngel

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I spent one night at this hotel passing thru Houston with my son. He is a U.S. Marine, and we were relocating his vehicle due a deployment from Twenty-nine Palms, CA to Okinawa, Japan. The reason I mention this is not only because I am soo proud but I want his appetite to be obvious. We checked in at 10:22pm, the gentleman that checked us in was so quick and efficient I truly did not have time catch his name. The room was very clean, smelled great, had extra towels, and all the extra amenities I love about SpringHill. The beds are always very clean and comfortable, there are paper plates and plastic cutlery in the microwave, just in case. Their breakfast was VERY good with lots of choices and my Marine had plenty to eat. The young lady that was attending the breakfast area could not have done a better job. We enjoyed our stay and the service. The product could not have been better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stay in hotels often and can say that this is a standard Springhill Suite. The rooms were of good size but the layout was strange, the TV was split between the beds and sitting area so if sitting on the far bed you can't see the TV?

The staff was helpful an overall good stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I spent one night here this past week. I am a business traveler. I was very impressed with the level of customer service. The room was bright and fresh. They had a lovely reception on Wednesday night: fajitas, quesadillas, taquitos, rice, beans and chips.dip. Cold drinks too! What a nice surprise! I will stay here the next time I am in the area, for sure!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed a few days at the Springhill just before Christmas. I am not sure what was going on at the Energy Corridor (Houston) but most hotels were full at this last minute booking. So I ended up at this property on my business trip.

It was my first experience at the Springhill and a bit of a shortfall in my expectations. Maybe timing and maybe bad luck. When travelling on business one does not like surprises.

Some of those surprises.

How odd but the room next door to me had a major flood so I enjoyed multiple industrial fans blowing next door. (Yes all day & night). I found the cleaniness and detail a bit short of what I was accustomed to. I even had someone elses dirty towel in my closet for my entire 4 days stay & it stayed there. As a small annoyance, I could not get the hotel to turn the blicking message light off. (And neither could the Front Desk)

Otherwise it is an ok property with minimal services. Restaurant are nearby by or at the HILTON next door. Lots of free parking. Good INTERNET. Comfortable bed. Check out what they have on the website to be prepared in advance.

Safe travel
MikeN

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2014

stayed at this hotel on October 23rd, seemingly the property was in average shape. We checked in late that evening, and retired to bed shortly after. The next morning as we were packing up to check out, we noticed a dead spider in the shower, and another spider in the bathroom area crawling around. As I was getting dressed I noticed 5 red bumps on my left ankle, and wasn't sure what had happened. The bumps got a bit bigger, so I did a google search on spider bites, and my marks matched the pictures I saw online.

I stay in hotels 50-75 nights per year, and have never had an instance such as this. I recently brought this incident up to the Marriott customer service line, and they very quickly filled out a incident report and advised that the hotel general manager would be contacting me.

A day or two later I received an email from the director of operations thanking me for my stay and advising me that they have regular pest control throughout the course of the year, and that they had never had a incident of spiders or any other insects in the room I was staying.

I am of the opinion that the director of operations basically invalidated this issue, and showed zero compassion for what had happened. I will not be returning to this hotel, and would not recommend it to anyone who has concerns about cleanliness/sanitation while traveling.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Robbie H
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel. The rooms are huge with a very cool modern theme. The bed was sooooo comfortable. It is a foam bed and it was wonderful. They also have a good breakfast. It is within walking distance to the Cracker Barrel. This allows you to park the larger vehicles there

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple