“great location!”
Review of Boardwalk Inn

Boardwalk Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed at Kemah boardwalk the last Friday of spring break which means that we paid a pretty high rate. But we wanted to be right in the middle of everything so we were willing to pay for that. The room was very clean and spacious enough for our family of 4. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The only negative was the people next to us who continued partying on their balcony after the boardwalk closed. The room is not very sound proof. Overall my family had a great night just be prepared to pay for the location at peaktimes.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
boardwalk08, Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for spending your spring break at Kemah and the Boardwalk Inn! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

There are newer reviews for Boardwalk Inn

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Spent 2 nights at 70$/night. Room was pristine clean as was the rest of the hotel facilities. Pool is small but clean and the water was clear and very warm. Staff was friendly and responsive to all our queries.
Being in the middle of the boardwalk activities one could consider it a bit noisy (Toot-toot of the mini-train, music piped about everywhere and bands till 11pm) but it is a boardwalk with amusements which are always full of noise making activities. If you want a quiet, tranquil stay this is not the place however it isn't ridiculously loud.
We found the property to be rated lower than it actually was. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: All rooms face onto the boardwalk activities. Park your car on the second floor for easy (handicap f...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AHBinTDOT

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our property to be fresh and clean. Each of our guest rooms has a balcony overlooking the plaza, where live entertainment is showcased most weekends. We hope you took advantage of all of our amusements and we look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

This is one of the most adorable little inns I've been to. It is right on the Boardwalk in Kemah and very affordable. We took the kids for the day and rode all of the rides over and over again. Guests at the hotel get a discount on a day pass. The hotel has a nice pool and hot tub on the roof and the entrance is located right next to the shops and restaurants. It's a perfect family getaway for a night. There is no bar or room service though, so come stocked. I can't wait to take the family back to the Boardwalk Inn.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our quaint property. We are pleased to hear you took advantage of our Stay and Play package and were able to enjoy the amusements at the Boardwalk. We look forward to having you and your family back soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Excellent hotel to stay at located directly on the boardwalk. The place is filled with the welcoming scent of oranges and the front desk clerks are super friendly, so when you enter you are automatically relaxed and at ease. You receive free parking with your stay and all the shops and restaurants are within walking distance, so it's a great way to enjoy the boardwalk stress free. The rooms are always tidy. Be sure to request a room overlooking the water. It's great to just sit on the balcony and watch the boats go by. They often have live entertainment that you can watch from the balcony as well. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: Request water front
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was taking a cruise out of Galveston in October 2011 and didn't want to stay in Galveston. I happened across the Kemah Boardwalk and then Boardwalk Inn.

We stayed 1 night. We arrived on Sunday about 3pm and the room was ready. Parking in an attached garage is provided with the rate. It was relatively easy to find for a Sunday in October. I think peak season may make it difficult to find....I didn't notice any actual signs directing to the garage for the hotel.

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful! The hotel and room were among the cleanest I have been in! It looked and smelled clean!

Every room has a balcony facing the center of the Kemah Boardwalk. The balcony is small, but certainly enough room to hang out and see the sights for a bit. Be warned...as mentioned in another review, that there is a live band that plays in the center, facing the hotel balconies. It ended at about 9:30pm Sunday and might be later on Friday and Saturday. I can't imagine this being a problem for anyone....staying at a Boardwalk Hotel is about the fun, not exactly the "peace and quiet".

The hotel is ON the Boardwalk. So, you have entertainment and lots of food choices within feet of your hotel. There are many choices and the hotel gives you a voucher for a free appetizer at most of the restaurants.

We used the hot tub, located on the 4th floor. It was a great location and the hot tub and pool seemed very clean. The sign said they closed at 11pm and staff was there at 11pm to close it down....I think a good thing, considering other guests who might not want to hear people out there.

The bed was comfortable and I had an excellent night. The Boardwalk closes down at night...so there was not a sound from outside.

The bath amenities were excellent and seemed high end.

Check out was easy and uneventful.

This is NOT a full service hotel....no one taking your luggage or meeting you at the door and no room service that I noticed...but the staff is very helpful and if you needed assistance, I'm certain you could get it.

The web site prices are rather high...but when you check it you will agree that it's priced right. I was able to get an excellent rate via Priceline, so I was thrilled with my stay!

Room Tip: All rooms face the Boardwalk and have a Balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dallas37
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I'm not exactly sure of what I expected to find in Kemah or the Boardwalk Inn but I'm certainly glad that I spent time there! This wonderful boutique hotel (the Boardwalk Inn) was delightful! The staff are some of the friendliest individuals I've ever worked with in my 18 years of planning meetings and events! I don't think they know how to say "no" but instead offer very workable options. They certainly know how to take care of their guests and that is exactly how you feel while staying there....like you're a "guest" in their home. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of things there was to do in the area and the wonderful restaurant. Great place for small meetings, incentives or even family reunions! Wonderful experience and I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you go during their
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MeetingsToGo
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We just returned from a long weekend in Texas and spent one night at the Boardwalk Inn in Kemah. Although our stay was short, we thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. The decor was beautiful -- yellows and blues in a spacious room that reminded us of a little beachside bungalow. The balcony overlooked the boardwalk. We were steps away from the restaurants and attractions. Check-in was easy, parking was close. We'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank l1221mc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites

Been to Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!