“A beautiful relaxing treat”
Review of Kemah Bella Spa and Retreat - CLOSED

Kemah Bella Spa and Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful spa retreat located in the heart of the lighthouse district. We offer top quality services and organic products right down to the sheets. Wine, champagne and herbal teas are complimentary and can be enjoyed on our breezy veranda or amazing relaxation retreat.
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Such a wonderful place right in the heart if kemah, the staff were very professional and friendly. I came in for a hot stone massage and left as a new person!
I recommend this place to everyone

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Great OMG. I have not felt better since going to the spa. It was good for me and my husband. The best gift ever. I would return for a visit, and tell all my family and friend about my experience.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Thanks so much to Kemah Bella Spa in Kemah, Texas! I went there on my lunch hour one day this week and got myself 30 minutes of Reflexology! It was AHHHHHSOME to say the least. I am on my feet alot and it was such a nice, relaxing place to retreat to for 30 min. of my hectic day. I plan on going back soon for a 30 min. full body massage! Thanks!

1  Thank Jackie R
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The worst facial I have ever had in my life and I've had many. Massage was "ok", but nothing I'd write home about. I was also supposed to get a mani/pedi (part of my certificate) and they didn't even have one that worked there! They gave me a certificate to go back for one when they had one, but really? I bought a package deal, don't want to make 2 trips for it.

2  Thank makidwell
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My 24 year-old daughter and I purchased a Groupon for "$80 for a Signature Spa Day Package at Kemah Bella Spa ($160 Value)", The cottage was charming and in a great location so we had high hopes ~ after all we drove down from Houston to be pampered. We arrived 1/2 hour early for our noon appointment and situated ourselves in their comfortable waiting area. Within five minutes of our arrival, the receptioned advised us that the tech who does the mani/pedi's had called in sick for the day. While she did offer us the choice of either extending the length of our massage or a foot reflexology treatment in lieu of the mani/pedi, no one bothered to call us that morning to inform us and let us have the option of rescheduling our appointment to a time when we would be able to enjoy the package as advertised (Aromatherapy massage, Facial with mud mask, Mani-pedi with tea or wine
1900s cottage-style home.) My daughter and I were headed out of town and had specifically scheduled our spa "day" just ahead of our trip to ensure our nails were done ~ total bummer! The massages were adequate and I had a lovely woman who also did the facial (during my massage.) Our foot reflexology was nothing more than a foot massage also performed by our same two masseuses. I've had foot reflexology before and this could not compare. So our "Signature Spa Day" lasted all of 1.5 hours. Their menu of services lists thie "Signature Spa Day" as 2.5 hours. Unforutnately, it's very disheartening when a proprietor makes adjustments to the advertised services purchased through Groupon. Not only does it not bode well for the business but I would think Groupon would be disgruntled as well. All I could say to my daughter when we left was I was certainly glad we had not paid the full $160. With all this said, I do want to say the staff was friendly and the cottage was definitely staged for relaxation.

5  Thank Randy622
m0niluv, Owner at Kemah Bella Spa and Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

I sincerely apologize for this. When we signed with groupon we had a terrific nail tech and included this nail service to help promote her and get her more clients. Shortly after groupon sold, her brother passed away suddenly and she was completely devastated. She tried to return but just decided she could not return to work. In the mean time we have tried to call in and hire different nail techs and its been a constant roller coaster for us. Believe me, we are trying to get someone who will be consistent. We only want you to leave relaxed and happy. That is the whole reason we are in business. We are not a big corporation, I opened Kemah Bella because I wanted everyone to be able to afford to come and relax and enjoy a massage. We work very hard on customer service and making everyone feel completely at home. All of the therapists are certified in reflexology so I assure you the benefits you received from it were genuine and we will have a refresher course to make sure its as relaxing as it should be. Again I want to say, Im sorry your experience was disappointing.