“Little Gem on the Bay ”
Review of Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying Dutchman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Kemah
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, View, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Honoring its history, The Flying Dutchman serves legendary seafood on the waterfront. One of the best seafood restaurants in Kemah, our fresh selections have delighted guests on the boardwalk for decades. We offer a variety of fresh seafood dishes from live seasonal crawfish to Louisiana Cajun gumbo, fresh fish and more. Located directly on the Texas Gulf coast, the waterfront views are the perfect spot to enjoy a leisurely meal inside or on the patio.
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

So I googled good places to eat Seafood and it sent us here!

This is a great place with lots going on around it. We chose patio seating and watched the boats go by. String of patio lights and music was a nice touch.

Food was great, I highly recommend the broiled oyster with garlic butter. Can we say Yum! And the Jalapeno stuffed peppers! Honestly you just eat that and be satisfied.

I had the Shrimp platter and my co worker had the Salmon Rockefeller. Both were delicious. I chose the Shrimp platter because it has the Shrimp 4 ways.

Decent wine list, good service and good food. I give this place 4 forks. Lots of menue options by the way. You won't be disappointed!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great family dinner for our mother on a beautiful Sunday evening. Great seafood, atmosphere, and fun.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I have been searching without success for a fish sandwich as good as the fish sandwich I ate years ago at a seafood place Winnie, Texas (if you know Winnie TX, you know the place I'm talking about).. Finally, after all these years of bad fish sandwiches elsewhere, this place did it! The fried flounder sandwich was absolutely superior and truly without equal. Fresh fish, fresh bun, fresh lettuce and sliced tomato, a nice tartar sauce and homemade potato chips. Great Job! I'm coming back to eat it again.
Jacob was our waiter. What a guy! We were treating my wife's 90 year old mother to lunch. She has a serious hearing impairment and as a result can be appear to be indecisive. Jacob treated her with respect, patience and kindness and helped her select a couple items that were perfect for her. Jacob answered our menu questions without hesitation and made us feel welcome and right at home. He is an outstanding waiter and person.
The restaurant is right on Clear Creek Channel and at the entrance to Galveston Bay.
Great view and nice atmosphere. We'll be back!

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Miles and Miles made the dining experience!!
His caring and concern for 5 new persons visiting Kemeh for the first time and his menu advice and TLC to ensure our 5,7&9 yr old were happy with food and drink refills etc He was terrific. Also his menu fish recommendations to the 3 adults was right on. The Redfish, Snapper and Shrimp dinners were each outstanding and the oysters and calamari were outstanding as well. Hats off to the s'mores and Key Lime pie and the specialty coffees were excellent
Much better dining than Bubba Shrimp!!!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The quality of the food was not good--I ordered a baked potato and only got 1/2--who does that? Everything tasted like Sysco...restaurant seemed dirty. No bread service with salad/food.