“Try not to stay if possible”
Review of Days Inn Kenedy

Days Inn Kenedy
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Kenedy
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I travel around Texas for business. Therefore I have stayed in at least 20 different cities and hotels. From mom and pop places to big chains, etc. This is the worst place I have stayed. They tried to deny my tax exempt status ( work for the state), then I had to pay upfront with no itemized bill. The lobby and exterior is a dump. At least I got to stay in the newer edition. However, I didn't have a remote in my room, and I could not get the tv to do anything. After complaining, I got a good a new remote. Guess what, it didn't work. On top of these things, they are charging about 40% higher prices than the rest of Texas, because the oil riggers are in town for work. This entire experience has been an expensive hassle.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ramblereddie

Reviewed 7 March 2009

I have came to Kenedy on my way to Corpus. I decided to stay at Days Inn for the night, and it was a really nice place to stay at. It might have been different in the past, but when I arrived there, it was completely different from the pictures, they have remodeled the entire office! And the service was amazing. The man at the desk greeted me and took interest in his job by asking why I was here, where I was going for Christmas, ect. The rooms were really good, I had no problems in the smell as told in the earlier reviews. It was very clean. The only down side is the location, other than that the whole motel is very good. I would recommend this place to anyone, and I will surely visit again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank parth95
Reviewed 18 January 2005

I stayed in this motel in July 2002. We choose Days Inn because we felt it would be the best in what this small town had to offer and we believed a national chain would offer good service. We reserved a king non-smoking room. When we arrived, management told us the room was not available, that they had a hold over. They put us in a double room instead and offered a measely $5 credit only after being pressed. The room reeked of smoked even though it was supposedly a non-smoking room. There were cigarette burns in everything. Roaches scattered when the lights were turned on. In the light fixtures were numerous dead bugs. Paint was peeling in the bathroom and sink area. The carpet was so nasty we didn't dare take off our shoes. The bed was horrible. There was no mattress pad and the sheets were scratchy and ill-fitting. The blankets were filthy. The upstairs walkway was littered with dog poop. The so-called breakfast buffet consisted of a couple of boxes of cereal and a carton of milk, which the manager's young child had already made her own. When we complained to management about the horrible conditions of the room, they told us we could have gone to some other town.

We when told the executive office of our experience, they said there was nothing they could do about it - this particular location was owned by the mangement on site.

I see no reason to do business with ANY Days Inn since no one in the organization cares about the condition of their properties or about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: July 2002, travelled on business