“Good and bad...”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Ok, the good first. Good rates and rooms are a nice size. Our room had a fridge, coffee maker and coffee. Room was comfortable. The indoor pool and Jacuzzi were nice and we enjoyed them much.

Now the bad. The chest of drawers that the tv sat on was coming apart at the bottom, and made the drawers inoperable. This happened on a Friday afternoon. I called the front desk and reported it and the operator asked if this was an urgent matter! I told her I didn't know, it would depend on if it fell apart and collapsed! She then said she would report it when she could. It was never looked at before we left on Sunday. The cleaning crew over the weekend only made the bed and exchanged the towels used. They did not vacuum and did not clean the tub.

The breakfast was ok, but all cooked food is cooked in a microwave. One morning, we got omelets, and the inside of it was cold and unidentifiable. It was really gross.

Overall, I am not sad we stayed there. We were out of the room most of the day and were only there to sleep, swim or shower. For that it was good for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 30 June 2013

If you want a good room, don't stay HERE. If you are handicapped do not let them put you in room #138. It is a dangerous handicap for the handicapped! It is the last room on the bottom floor located the farthest distance possible from the front lobby.NO HANDICAP RAMP AT THE CLOSEST LOCATION. Management attitude was horrible. BLAMED ME for making the reservation

Room Tip: If you are handicapped DO NOT LET THEM PUT YOU IN ROOM 138. It is a dangerous location for you i...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank epdeerman
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel since I did see some bad reviews. The front lobby was very pleadant and welcoming. Charley at the front desk was very helpful and let me know about the free hot breakfast( too bad I had to leave at 5am) and the indoor pool/spa. I had my cat with me and she gave me a room near the back entrance so I can bring my stuff in. Pet fee is $20. The room was nice and big with comfortable bed, a desk and refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was big and clean with a separate vanity. They have vending machines and ice dispenser which was great since I was too tired to go out. There's a Mcdonald's across the street as well as other fastfood places and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Simirugrat
Reviewed 24 March 2013

While on a road trip, my wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Kerrville, Texas. Check-in and check-out was quick and painless. The King room was spacious and clean with more than adequate accoutrements and a reasonably comfortable bed. It had free Wi-Fi which worked fine. We did not utilize the hotel's indoor pool / Jacuzzi. We had an upstairs room near the front. There was minimal road noise, but kids in the adjacent room were moderately noisy. The facility has no elevator, so be forewarned and request a ground-floor room in advance if this is an issue. The free breakfast was worth just what it cost! The pre-made omelets and the sausage were barely edible, extremely bland and unusual consistency. The bread for toast was fresh, but the jelly in the packages was "thick" and difficult to spread. The orange juice was simply okay. The coffee wasn't bad. I don't think I would stay here again, but would try another nearby hotel if in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2012

The front desk staff was very courteous, helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast room was rather small and crowded and, the breakfast was a typical motel 'free breakfast' that was acceptable. The only exceptions were no lemons available for tea and the breakfast room attendant service was below standard. Overall we were pleased with our stay, and would recommend the facility.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I basically picked this hotel because it had an indoor pool; we were visiting in November and wanted to do some swimming. The pool water was not clear, and it did not have that chlorinated smell; it was not super opaque either--just did not appear to be optimal. So it was with some reluctance that my family swam in it. However nobody ended up getting ill or infected from it. Most of the pool area was clean, and the pool towels were fresh and nicely folded. A small area of the decking about 3 feet behind the jacuzzi had some dark organic looking substance on it; it was wet and probably got constant pool runoff. Being indoors.. the pool area was loud and amplified every sound; that didn't bother me, but if you are looking for a quiet relaxing time in the hot jacuzzi you can forget it if anyone is in the pool.
The hotel room was quiet, comfortable, and clean and nicely maintained.
The free breakfast buffet: The waffles and muffins were very good, but my family thought the eggs and sausage were not tasty.. and skipped those two on the second day of our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DFWGuy1
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Clean, reasonable, nice pool, and Linda at the desk was extremely helpful and friendly. She directed us to a great place to eat once we settled on the type of food. I don't remember the name of the place.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family